How to deal with a mentally ill shipper? What would you do?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by davisbenningtonxxx, Dec 8, 2019.

What would you have done?

1. Said nothing and just ignored him while he repeated the same phrase over and over

80.0%
  2. told him to get some glasses and he better watch out

12.0%
  3. report him to his supervisor (whos also horribly miserable)

8.0%
  1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There are people who if they are blessed, get to enjoy life itself and the joys therein without all the unnecessary society imposed stressors with which I have to deal with some days.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I jump in the warehouse quite often and help out when they are short handed. $28/hr to play forklift and pallet jack guy......I'll take it.

4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Guy could have just been having a bad day...we all do. How many fat, smelly, miserable truck drivers has he had to deal with? Look at how a lot of people cry on here about how horrible of a industry this is, they do it everywhere they go. I hear it at work when I grab trailers from outside carriers, how many times has that dude had one of those guys on his dock #####ing up a storm while being a pig that has given up on life before he decided we all suck? Kinda the way we say all forklift driver suck and make no money when in reality I would say it's about 50/50 on if they suck and money wise they are doing a lot better than the guys driving the truck in a lot of cases. When you get a shipping or receiving jerk just let it go. No point in getting your blood pressure up over something you are not gonna change no matter what you do. Let them be idiots and just be glad you don't hate life like they do.

5. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    It's always best for you and your company if you maintain a professional attitude. While many are tempted to be snarky or sass back, getting into a fight with their staff looks bad for your company. Smile, ask if you're in the way, and try to be pleasant. Dont lose a good contract for your company in this environment over a hand cart operator's attitude.

6. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    You get to leave, but he has to be around himself ALL DAY.......

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Just ignore him. It is possible that he has some mental handicaps that you are not aware of.

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ive learned not to entertain the crazy. U never know when one of them is gonna snap and ur gonna be on the news as the victim of some guy having a bad day

9. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Best to just not engage people like that.

Attached Files:

10. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    I'm a pro trash talker.I live for #### talking.

11. davisbenningtonxxx

davisbenningtonxxx Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2019
    He mostly deals with usps contrators that he sees everyday, so not too many random fat smelly truckers but this is in new england. No shortage of extreme misery here. Never been up there and not ran into miserable people

Rideandrepair and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.