How to deal with permanent address

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by livelikenooneelse, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Tovya, I just checked USPS website and UPS website. Seems the new law they made in'99 requiring "PMB" to denote it's a private mail box rental is no longer. Either "PMB" or the symbol # is acceptable. You probably can't fool your car insurance co. though, they seem to know EVERYTHING !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tovya

Tovya Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Marion, Indiana
    Lol Allow Me., it seems to me that car insurance or whoever you have your car loan out with will ALWAYS find out whatever you don't want them to, even if you didn't know you didn't want them to know.

4. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    bump....anyone else OTR using a postal mail service address for their "permanent address of record", i.e. on their license...just curious

5. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    I am having a issue right now with the city where my house is.I used that address for federal taxes and now Im owing city taxes even though Im not there for 300 days.I talked to IRS and they said I could use pobox.I have family in florida but your drivers license would have to be the same.

goblue Thanks this.
  6. pharrari

pharrari Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    I was going to start a new thread but I saw this thread so I'll start here. How do you guys deal with getting mail? Are you allowed to have your mail sent to the terminal of where you work? I currently live in Florida with family but the terminal is in Texas.

7. panamarob

panamarob Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Hello. I am considering going to cdl training and I am a Kentucky resident. I have to have my permit prior to starting my training. After my training I will be issued a cdl in the state in which the training took place. After that the company says that it will forward the paperwork to my home state to transfer the license. I don't want to keep my residency in ky. I want to become a nevada resident as I lived there from 95-98. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    "Is it worth the hassle?

Ask yourself what you just asked. Its worth it when you are now able to get the lease agreement, utility bills an BG check for HM etc Renting aint half bad.

You can even buy a acre of land somewhere, park a cheap camper on it and stake a mailbox on it. that would be a residence on which you plan to build a house some day.

I think the bigger issue is income. You can drive and eat but you might not be able to eat and also pay rent, utilities etc.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I Googled "Change Drivers License to Nevada" and came up with 4 or 5 websites.
    One guy I know had to show a lease agreement with the Nevada address and he put "utilities included" so he wouldn't have to show utility bills.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To transfer your out-of-state driver's license, visit a Nevada DMV office and:
    • Submit a completed Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (Form DMV 002).
    • Show proof of your identity, such as your:
    • Show proof of your Social Security number (SSN), such as your:
      • Social Security card.
      • W-2 form.
      • Pay stub.
    • Show 2 documents proving your NV residency, (must be certified or originals dated within the last 60 days):
      • Rent receipt.
      • Bank statement.
      • Tax records.
      • Pass the vision test.
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • If you're a military veteran or have a family member that's a military veteran, open an account with USAA Credit Union in Las Vegas. I opened an account there over the phone. It might be listed as USAA Federal Savings Bank. Good place to get bank statements from.
    • [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.