How to get a truck with no money down and bad credit

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Truckers_Cow_Girl, Oct 14, 2009.

1. TimF

TimF Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Gulfport, Ms
    Terrible in a funny way lmao

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    The post you quoted was from over 7 years ago (Oct 2009) and Truckers_Cow_Girl has not posted on here since then.

Don’t hold your breath waiting on a reply.

4. TimF

TimF Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Gulfport, Ms
    Ubu we know that we being sarcastic

5. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    I know you were.

I wasn’t replying to you, I was replying to the poster I quoted.

6. TimF

TimF Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Gulfport, Ms
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Sorry to offend but I came to the conclusion this morning that if you have to buy a truck with no money down, then you should not be buying a truck in the first place.

It should be illegal to not have money in the bank to take care of the thing

This is coming from a guy who just been pelted with debris from what appears to be an O/O who is barely affording fuel on my way home.

8. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    It wont happen....That is SOOOOOOOO Un-American

Not Surprised....nothing to see here....(runs and hides)

9. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    .....Russians

dngrous_dime Thanks this.
  10. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Cow girl
    In todays economy, and with the banks being overly scrupulous of lending for certain items. It has become hard for truck financing. Especially with bad credit, and no money down. Try to find an O?O that is either retired or retiring and looking to sell their truck. You may be able to find one that is willing to work with you on a payment plan. Other than that suggestion. Unfortunately the only option is to do a Lease Purchase from a company with such a program. There are many out there, but would be a last resort as theses leases and companies will screw you if not very careful, or have a lawyer look over ease before signing. Good Luck

11. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Maybe I'm just a dumb broker who doesn't know anything, but isn't it significantly worse to have a truck financed at some extortionate interest rate than to just be a company driver?

I don't see how someone with bad credit and very little cash could ever hope to successfully bootstrap a trucking company using a new MC. Leasing on with Landstar or similar seems at least equally bad since the terms are designed for trucks that got prime or slightly over prime interest rates.

Probably some sort of lease purchase is the best option assuming you simply won't be a company driver... But this forum is packed full of threads telling people not to do lease purchase deals because they don't work out well for the driver.

EDIT: After thinking about it for another minute I'm now pretty sure that trying to buy a truck with bad credit is like trying to start a brokerage with <20M in revenue (that's the total value of all freight brokered not actual net money). You're trying to do something that inherently doesn't make sense, which means you should do something else.

nax Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.