How to get contracts/shippers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by harmin5288, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Truckstop24

Truckstop24 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm new to this business as well , but I found the above mentioned post one of the most informative on here. Keep up the good work and Thank you so much for the sound advise. Greetings from Atlanta!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckstop24

Truckstop24 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    You have got a GREAT attitude. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I just started out in this business and I already know that I will succeed. I'm really excited and motivated, especially when reading posts like yours.
    "Where attention goes, energy flows and results show." Greetings from Atlanta, GA

superhill56 and Sunkiss Thank this.
  4. CapeBuffalo

CapeBuffalo Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Oak Ridge TN
  5. Nelsonyankee

Nelsonyankee Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2014
    I appreciate this thread has opened my eyes to the industry. I have been trying to find an owner operator to team up with tough to find.

6. Luisalba08

Luisalba08 Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Learning a lot things! Thanks guys

7. cruzsanta

cruzsanta Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I like what PM has to say. He is right if the philosophy is to "own the transaction" instead of the "opportunity." While he works the boards, probably the right thing to do in the beginning, he is not hauling. Spending the $1.00 is simply an investment. If he can earn a rationale return on that investment, then spending the $1.00 makes sense.

A brief financial analysis that begins with the amount of money he wants to earn a year and then work backwards from there. Follow this URL and see what you think. http://www.cash4truckers.com/blog4truckers/2009/06/do-you-know-your-break-even-point/

The real stand out statement for me in the article is, "
    Which one is the most commonly missed by owner/operators? Believe it or not, it’s the one expense that without it the truck can’t roll down the highway! It’s the driver’s paycheck."

He goes into it pretty well and I found it very helpful.

8. rico holloway

rico holloway Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2014
    I am gettin my own truck soon but need help on how to go about picking loads on how to get started.. Been driving for 3yrs and I'm just ready to do my own thing. I'm new to this Thread so if you don't get this message I'll try again or text me Phone number deleted my name is Rico..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  9. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    or as much as you let them

10. 57104 - Ya Heard!

57104 - Ya Heard! Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    read all of this just now....then poof! dead since April 2014.

11. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Kinda wondering what happened myself. I'm thinking about buying a truck and using it part of the year to haul decked trucks and then run it for the winter in Texas, hauling whatever. I'm doing some preliminary numbers right now to see if the plan will work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.