How to get out of Swift lease contract?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckingSince21, Feb 18, 2020.

1. TruckingSince21

TruckingSince21 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I agree with you 100%, and believe I’ve learned my lesson and will never lease another truck again.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    The megas don't offer L/P out of the kindness of their heart, they do it because they make more money that way.
    You're making the right decision.

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Clean the truck inside and and out. Take it to the terminal that it is assigned to.
    Be with the individual when they do a walk around and video tape it. Get them to sign for the truck.

Make sure that you are not under a dispatch.

Upinsmoke and TruckingSince21 Thank this.
  5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Yup I'd say turn it in. Your problem isnt ####ty miles, it's a rather commom problem in trucking especially with a mega carrier. It's a lously choice of company with ####ty pay. Driving your own (yours,lease, lease purchase,rental whatever) you should be getting $2 per mile MINIMUM! Find a smaller company who will pay correctly and you wont want to drive more than 18-2000 miles a week.
    End of rant

6. Wave000

Wave000 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2008
    USA
    Only 1800 miles ####!!!I was a company driver with them and was averaging 2500 a week with them last year doing otr... ####,they hate y'all lease drivers!!!

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I’ve heard from numerous swift drivers that since knight took over, it has gone down hill dramatically...no shock their...knight probably stealing money like always have...

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  8. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Tell your DM that it is not working ( he knows that already ) Inform him you are ending it now. You can go back to being a company driver. If you want to stay that is ... It's no big deal , it happens every day at Swifty don't sweat it.

TruckingSince21 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  9. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    It can get even worse than it was !?!?!?!

Just kidding. I worked for both Swift was better. Jerry is a good old man ... The Knight family are crooks , big time crooks.

Upinsmoke and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.