How to Install New CB in 2010 Pete 386

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by crabby125, Dec 7, 2009.

1. crabby125

crabby125 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Scotch Plains
    I need some help on Installing my CB radio.

I just got a brand new Peterbilt 386 and I want to install my CB radio to it. I do not see a mount for it. just the power connections and the antenna sticking out from underneath the overhead compartment.

Do I need to drill my own mount? or is there another way around this to avoid drilling a mount.

Sorry I sound like a Newbie, but bascially I am. I really want to make sure it a clean install.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cherokeechief

cherokeechief Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Gilson, il
    if there are not a couple of holes already or screws in place on the access panel there under the overhead near the power connections, ten you are going to have to drill a couple of starter holes and screw the bracket to it. i know that in the 386 trucks the company i worked for had a couple of threaded holes inplace to attach the bracket for the cb radio.

4. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

The mounting area is just thick plastic. The scews will drill their own holes. Get a good screw driver, apply alot of pressure and screw in the screws.

5. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I've never been in a 386 pete, but what about velcro straps? I've seen some really clean work done with them.

6. petrbilttrucker379

petrbilttrucker379 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Hi im just a student truck driver but i know alot about trucks. You said you had a Peterbilt 386. You could mount it any where you want in your truck, but the best place is to me is right over head, there is a special spot for a cb and the power conecter is right there so it doesnt require much wire. Or if you wanted to mount in on your dash you could do that to, that requires more wiring, but remember to always run it through some fuze so you dont wreck or burnout your radio. And make sure you tune your radios cb antennas with the cal or swr. Hope it work for you and if you have any more problems just message me. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.