how to lose ur job before u can say " oh sh*#"

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by soon2betrucking, Feb 26, 2011.

1. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Caught this Friday morning up in Union Oh on 75, buddy of mine about 2 hours ahead of me saw a 2 flat beds and a ups in the middle as well... i saw this one and a Rush truck way way waaaayyyyyyy off on the right up against a fence... this one was closest to me, clearly driving to fast...
    even tho the left lane was not all that clear, and it was still drivable, sucks for him, but clearly he wanted to push just a little more i guess,

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    That's an oops!

4. SmokeyCowboy009

SmokeyCowboy009 Heavy Load Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Watertown, WI
    big FAIL! definately a rookie mistake

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I believe that company requires at least one year of experience...I realize that may be still be considered a rookie but a year means you've seen all seasons at least once and should KNOW, not think, better...

JimDriv3r Thanks this.
  6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

The truth here is that after it happens, everyone knows it would be rookie mistake no matter how many years you have been driving.

JimDriv3r Thanks this.
  7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Saw a UPS double the other night... eastbound I70 mm128 in Columbia MO. I was crossing above on US63. Back pup on its side in the center 50 feet ahead of the cab and front pup... upside down, still smokin'. Happened just before I got there...

8. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    You guys be careful out there on those slick roads. Rookie mistake or not, slow is fast when driving on snow-covered roads.

9. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I will gladly drive on a snow covered road.

It is those icy roads I cannot stand to be on, but sometimes find my way on and no way off for miles.

10. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    i never remember oh being so bad with snow removel, this year i dk what happened up there, but i doubt it will be like this again, from franklin all the way up to mi i saw, passed 3 plows and that was it!, kind of a joke really! this morning/today i saw more plow trucks parked in the U TURNS and at the nb w/s on 75, i dont get, and prob never will..
    i give major kudos to the 4wheelers tho, the entire distance, form about the 38mm to the oh/mi state line, i counted 3 4wheelers in the ditch,
    4wheelers won
    big trucks a depressing loss,
    i agree road medic, snow covered roads any day of the week, oh seemed to have been more ice then anything, for each storm this year...
    just a few weeks ago, took me 4.5 hours to go through Cincy, during the am rush, a pure skating rink, i didnt dare try and take a pic on that one...
    in the 1st pic, we were stopped, cop is standing in our lane, why i dont know
    the truck driver, sitting comfortably in the back seat of the cop car lol

11. spuddatruckdriver

spuddatruckdriver Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.