How to make MONEY as a new driver

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by pwmagee, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Okay, I'll buy into your arguments, or at the very least not object to them. When I first read your initial post, I was kind of worried that you were going to post some negative things, but I'm over that issue now. It does look like you are in a "miles" mindset, which is okay, but realize that there are quite a few people who do not get paid by the mile, but on percentage so their concern is not to drive miles, but to complete loads. I drive on percentage, and sometime it means that on a cpm basis, I am earning anywhere from 8-12 dollars a mile. I do some local loads around the Chicago area where I may only have a 10-12 mile trip, but it pays around 100 dollars or more.

You have to be a little bit careful when posting things to state what situations they apply to. otherwise, people tend to think of it as one size fits all advice, and then they find that it doesn't fit their situation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Light Traveler

Light Traveler Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Somewhere out there...
    I'm only sticking around for #6!

4. Aligator

Aligator Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Mississippi
    It's not an 1100 mile run; it was a 2200 mile run.
    I work for a manufacturer so all my runs begin from home. I'm always out and back.
    This week I ran 3500 miles; two trips out and back. Slept in my own bed Wed, Sat, and now Sunday........they told me to call in Monday and see what's cookin'. Then I get to do it all over again!:iconbiggrin:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.