How to quit Werner Enterprises?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by plynnjr92, Jul 9, 2014.

1. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    Wow! I too did something similar, and started out at 32 CPM... How on earth can Werner pay so crappy?

To the the OP: For that kind of pay I wouldn't give a crap on the notice they get... Hell I'd never care about anything they had... They are seriously ripping you off. I also wouldn't drive ANYTHING they had that wasn't up to way above standards, and if they balked... I'd stick it to them big time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    What is Werner's retention rate..?

4. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    My guess it's extremely low. And why wouldn't it be... The original poster said he was there 9 months and posted his pay sheet... showing a gross earning of just under $12,000. Not only is that completely pathetic, what incentive is there to stay? Most people could get into fast food jobs and do better. Wow!

5. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Davezilla, you miss the point. I'm simply not making enough cash. The ONLY numbers I care about are Net Pay, Line Haul Rate, Dead Head Rate, and # of miles I drive a week. Don't care about gross pay cause it doesn't go to my bills. Don't care about my "90 day average" because if I really made 34.6cpm, I wouldn't be broke every week. I've taken home less than $12,000 this year, without benefits. If I knew I was gonna make this little I woulda stayed a pizza boy at Domino's.

My pay rate is 21cpm without bonuses. Gordon is offering 31cpm without bonuses, and similar miles that I'm earning now. I've just recently grown the balls to leave Werner, so stop being a whiny ##### and let me leave. Works well for you anyway, considering you might train the person who takes my place.

Brandson Thanks this.
  6. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Well I would say to take home time and not go back. When i was at Swift I dropped the truck at the yard took a cruise then never went back.

7. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I'd say you got what you needed out of a bottom feeder outfit like Weiner. That's kind of how it works in the lower ranks of the truck driving world. They use guys for 6 months to a year for basically slave labor wages and you use them for same period of time to get your rookie experience (and pull some hilarious rookie moves that give everyone else a good laugh.)

Gordon would be a step up. Then once you've got 2 years under your belt you can take a step up from that.

8. nshore harleyguy

nshore harleyguy Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2014
    NH
    1 tip about looking for a job in the portal. Enter multiple zip codes from different areas of your state or bordering states. I found the great dedicated acct I am on by putting in a zip code 30 miles away from mine. I called the recruiting and at 1st they said that means you are not eligible when I explained that it was only about 30 miles away they asked there supervisor and got me in.

I type in my zip code and maybe 10 accts come up. I type in the next town over from me (across the state line) and about 18 openings come up

9. Aquarius169

Aquarius169 Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Ok guys i see you bashing werner pls tell why not to start with werner. i live in Nc were would you recommend i start with. Advice i need good training and trying to find small or medium size companies please help.No flatbeds please looking for companies that hire students out of Nc. werner was one choice and west side trucking was another but seem to far.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Here's why not to go with Werner.Low miles and low pay.You sit way more then drive.Everytime you get a load,duspatch swaps it with another driver and you;ll be the one sitting for hours at a truck stop waiting for that driver.They also split loads meaning you take your load to a term or drop yard drop it send in your empty call and youll be sitting for over a day.What was it about Werner to make them one of your choices?

11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    That is horrible. How do they stay in business with so many trucks sitting? Sound like the perfect job for Abe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted