How to silence ABS alert 2022 579

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by wingnut105, Nov 28, 2021.

1. wingnut105

wingnut105 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Rowlett, Tx
    Hey all,
    Maiden voyage in a brand new 2022 579. A welcome upgrade from the 2019 579 I was driving. Amazing how much difference 500k miles can make in a tractor. Anyway, my issue is that each time I touch the brakes an annoying tone rings and the ABS dash light flashes. Does anyone here know how to silence the tone? Thanks and be safe!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    On my Volvo, buried in the many sub and sub-sub menus I found a volume control for 'system' notifications. I couldn't turn it all the way off. But, was able to turn the volume down enough so that usually even my radio will drown out the alert noise and I don't blare the radio.
    IDK, but recommend you start exploring any and all menus on your truck. I doubt Volvos are unique when it comes to having useful settings in seemingly odd places and exploring and playing around with the menus and sub-menus is a good way to find all sorts of interesting, some useful, some not, things to play with.
    Owners manual is another good place to spend time browsing around and learning about details of the truck and how to take advantage of them.
    I went out in a loaner truck (mine's a 2019 and the loaner was a 2020. Both VNL760's) a few months ago when mine had to go to the dealer for repair. I was surprised how different many things were and realized just how many little things I'd adjusted and changed from the original settings.

Pamela1990 and wingnut105 Thank this.
  4. wingnut105

wingnut105 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Rowlett, Tx
    Will do, it will just be a bit. Can’t really run through menus while rolling and it’s a team gig so it rolls a lot. I’ll sit down with it next reset and see what I can learn. Thanks.

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.