HOW TO SWITCH MISSISSIPPI CDL TO INDIANA W/O HAVING A RESIDENCE

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by boskiiiiiiiiii, Apr 27, 2019.

1. TheMofo

TheMofo Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    they dont seem to have any problems getting Russians ........ I would just stay with a missippi cdl until you get settled. .... there are rules and csa points against having a cdl from another state than were you live but I think you have 3 months after you establish a residence

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. boskiiiiiiiiii

boskiiiiiiiiii Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
  5. boskiiiiiiiiii

Apr 7, 2019
    @buddyd157 i was thinking about yathut it’s gonna take me at least 4 months to save and get the good checks rolling in

6. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    if your company doesn't care which they shouldn't it's going to be hard to get caught anyways until you have your own place ...... id be more worried about living in gary or Hammond .....if you happen to get an inspection in the truck it is more the norm than the exception that you have a cdl from a different state than the company is from anyways

7. boskiiiiiiiiii

Apr 7, 2019
    Facts Naw. I’m not actually moving to Gary. Lol. Maybe like crown point, Michigan city areas. But I just wanna have an address within 50 miles of Chicago cause some companies require that. I hate my home state of Illinois man. This whole re do the skills test thing has had to push away many guys who want to come to Chicago and make good money. Ya know?

8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    UPS store here has mail service with a legal address . I don't know the cost.

9. boskiiiiiiiiii

Apr 7, 2019
    @sevenmph where at?

10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If you could knock that down to 1, you'd be perfectly legal (no loopholes needed) hanging onto your MS CDL until then as you have 30 days to have the CDL transferred under §383.71 (c)

...ALTHOUGH, if you maintain the ability to receive mail at ANY address in MS, and you have THAT address on your CDL, you could argue that your situation in Illinois is temporary and therefore is NOT your true domicile...which would also be perfectly legal (although walking a fine line with the definitions of words used in the regulations).

domicile noun
    2 law : a person's fixed, PERMANENT, and principal home for legal purposes

Then, when you DO make the permanent move to your own place in Indiana, transfer your CDL as soon as you can.

11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Highland IN and Hammond IN

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.