How to tell if you’re officially burned out

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Take a vacation every year; 3 weeks or a month is what I always shot for. Gives you good memories for the rest of the year while you plan for the next one.
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    Philippines
    Thailand
    Hainan Island
    Shanghai

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the thing is, here in America, most americans only get 1 or 2 weeks of vacation time, and that's it.

some countries, the workers get several weeks vacation a year.

when i had my vacation time, i'd spread it out over the year.

one job i had worked up to 4 weeks off (with pay), so i'd take a week off every quarter (every 3 months)

i always had christmas week, and go back after new years day.

i'd very rarely took all 4 weeks off at once. i rarely took 2 consecutive weeks off...

i always felt that by taking too much time off, would make me hate going back to work, all the more...lol

now that i have been retired.....i am on vacation all the time now....lol

but until all US companies give more than an obligatory 1 or 2 weeks off (with pay), workers from all industries will burn out sooner.

one place i worked at, gave me all the vacation time i wanted but didn't pay for them, other than the obligatory paid vacations they had.

but that did not matter to me, i made up that pay in a week's time.

Doealex, Trucker61016, x1Heavy and 5 others Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    When burned out, crack open a Bud Light

Dave_in_AZ, bzinger, mjd4277 and 10 others Thank this.
  5. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    It is a necessary part of life in my opinion. I took the last week of February, all of March, and the first week of April off this year. I came back to work with a new vigor after my 45 days off.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  6. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Not necessarily a “Bud”, but you have the right idea, an Adult Beverage of the individuals choice is always “Golden”. ;)

7. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Chinatown is spot on.

lol,I remember when I bought my first Truck- I was in debt, Debt has always scared me....So I Worked every Week for like the first 3 years,Killed Me.

Course,Family and Friends always questioned why I work so Much- Never had a Good answer other than "Im Behind" Which Is never a good excuse not to spend time with them.

Maturity changed that..Now,I take 6 weeks vacation per year (Even if its just relaxing around the house) But I Do go Either on a Cruise or a Getaway 1 time per year-

And I tell ya folks 1 thing-Which most will agree with me, When on Vacation- I Dont want to even look at a Steering Wheel,lol. I Dont do any Driving.

Doealex, Trucker61016, bzinger and 7 others Thank this.
  8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Metro Manila kinda sucks. Terrible air quality, and far to many people. That being said. There is some amazing places to visit in the Philippines.

I'll be spending nearly six months there this winter.

brysol01 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Lack of passion, apathy, tiredness. Anxiety, Trucking has always been a roller coaster ride, which I enjoy, Hard to keep a good balance, sometimes. It’s best for Me to take a break, re assess things, look at alternatives, I try to be grateful, Never being satisfied, always wanting more, can become a way of life, An unhappy one.Treat yourself good, Life is short, Rich or poor, it all ends the same.

Doealex, D.Tibbitt, dwells40 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Absolutely Correct- Although you can't Convince The Rich that- They'll always think their unstoppable and Immortal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.