How to turn off i-see technology in 2022 vnl860?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Myrchik, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Myrchik

Myrchik Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2024
    Hi guys. Does anybody know how to get rid of the Volvo i-see tech?
    This new truck, constantly changing drive mode to EE+, is there a way to put truck in P mode forever?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    "I-See CRUIS-E is a pre-requisite to get I-See function. For more information concerning I-See, see the I-Shift software package fact sheet. CRUIS-E functionality with I-See I-See is turned on and off via the ECO button in the steering wheel. Eco Off turns off I-See. The Eco levels (Off-1-2-3) that result in different speed behaviors and settings are available as well as for CRUIS-E, but with different underspeed settings."
    https://stpi.it.volvo.com/STPIFiles/Volvo/FactSheet/CRUISEC, CRUIS-E_Eng_05_309646182.pdf

I found the above. Don't explain much but you can look at it.
    I-SEE is a part of cruise control. If all else fails & its that important, you can simply turn off cruise control. I-SEE wont work when CC is off.

However, at the end of the day. I am betting that if you're a company driver, you wont be able to turn it off via the ECO button on the steering wheel. You're just not going to have access to those options.

4. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Haha, had to look at that twice, cuz the first time my brain registered 'I- S$#* software ' :D

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I have not found a way to turn it off. I am going to ask my mechnaic next time I'm in for something. I've been driving the truck with it for 6 months now and I wanted to give it a chance but I do not like it.

I do know this. You can get in the habit of switching from EE+ to E+ every time you get in the truck and it will be more driveable. I would not want to run in P all the time, revs too high. The power and the fuel mileage are down low.

EE+ will let the cruise drop 6 MPH from setting in my truck, way too much. Switching to E+ just drops 3 and it's a lot better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.