How ya'll doing?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by haider99, Oct 29, 2021.

1. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    I left trucking about 2 years and went back to working behind a monitor.

Just checked demo load link and there are a whole lots of loads on there.

How are the rates from Ontario and Quebec for dryvan? I remember when I left, there was barely anything hitting the boards.

Just wondering

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Prairie Trucker

Prairie Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Are you looking for Canada only / US / regional? It depends on the week - somedays it is dry and some not. You will need to have some direct shipper contacts

4. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Be glad you left, from what I'm seeing, most places are going bankrupt going wide open. Insurance is insane, fuel is insane, shop and parts costs are insane. truck and trailer prices are insane, tires are insane and you can't get them.

My only saving grace, is I'm on a dedicated LCV contract, with a big FSC. Once this truck is milled out, I'm out. More than likely gonna go run a mobile service truck, for a local trailer dealer.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  5. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    I remember there was a guy that used to post on here and he would complain there wasn't enough positivity coming off the chatter. I'm curious what that guy is doing right now, and how happy he is surrounded within all his radiant positivity. If that still works in his favor, or have the drugs worn off.

6. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Oh come on it's not all that bad.Sure prices are up but so are the rates.The best money I've made has been since all this COVD crap started.

Canadianhauler21 and upnorthwpg Thank this.
  7. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Let me break this down; The prices are UP, while the rates are UP. Curious about this "best money you ever made". Since you're spending more, but earning more, doesn't that just plateau your net income? Did you also factor in inflation? Honest question, how do you reason an income boost meanwhile everything around you is becoming exponentially more expensive. If anything, you're most likely sustaining yourself just the same today as you did 20 years ago.

8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    You also have a pre-emissions truck, and a decent tire discount lol. Yes i'm making good money, but its a constant headache, and every morning I tense up until all the light go off on the dash. 6 months backorder for most DEF sensors now.

9. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    If income is up more than prices you end up with more in your pockets,simple mathematics. Just by reading your posts it's pretty obvious that your "Mr Negative" when it comes to anything trucking related .lol

skipgears Thanks this.
  10. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Mr. Positive, I'm afraid due to skyrocketing inflation you are losing money every year, but ignorance is bliss and simple mathematics for simple people are keeping the rest of us behind. I bid you fair travels until your pre-emissions S H I T B O X takes a dive and you lose your deals on tires. Keep on laughin'

11. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario

I will keep on laughing at guys with your attitude.LOL Sorry I'm keeping you behind.LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.