How's car hauler rates

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Kenworth6969, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Is it in the toilet like everything else?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I'm sure it was great for the 3 days it took for the car lots to fill up

Farming Trucker Thanks this.
  4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I have good friend there , not very good but workable . ( They have some small accounts and spot market )
    @Banker has different opinion i guess due to the nature of his work :)

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Spot market freight has been rock star Money for the last year or so. There is still some currently for those that know how to get it but who knows when it will end. Remember the van guys getting Rock star money to haul loads of toilet paper and bottled water a couple years ago, it went away eventually. Lots definitely have more cars on them today than a year ago. The only car lots I have seen that are full are Ram truck lots. I am glad because I am in the market for a truck when they start knocking big money off the sticker price one day. Most cars I deliver are already sold before I get them there although some of my regular customers are gradually building their inventory. Most dealers have told me the lots likely will never be completely full like they used to be.
    I haul contract freight and that rate doesn’t change during the life of the contract. There is definitely no shortage of work for me and I don’t plan to sell my equipment and retire in the next 3 years. If you are a believer in history repeating itself then you understand that we have up times and down times in cycles. Some people can make money in down times and others can’t make money in up times. The type of money maker you are is up to you and your skills and determination. Just my opinion.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.