How's Everyone Doing in LTL Right Now?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Aug 23, 2022.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's definitely a deeper after-holidays lull than usual. I can agree with that.

Speedy356 and USMC 3531 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
  4. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Some places if you punch the clock your guaranteed 8.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  5. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    Kwik Star, not 100% sure on what the pay scale is, something I'll find out on Monday. It's a company that's been on my radar for a couple of years. They have really taken off the last couple of years. (At least in the Des Moines area)I've always said it's a company I'd look into if something happened at FXF. They are giving me the opportunity to go try something else so why not. If nothing else it's another plus on the resume in the future.

Digman943 Thanks this.
  6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Have you ever looked into Hy-Vee? I always told myself I’d look into them if I somehow ended up living in Des Moines.

Hawkeye72 Thanks this.
  7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Hopefully....for your sake....it's an hourly-paid gig, with O/T after 40 hours....and/or some sort of weekly minimum guarantee...if things should later slow down somehow.

In south Ga....if the world predicts a good chance of tornadoes and/or bad hail...I stay home that day. Fuel is just simply too dangerous, for such. :eek:

The slogan here is, "If you can't do it safely--don't do it"

I like that. :cool:

I'd be curious....what's their policy/disposition on such? At what point do they tell/let you to stay home?

If it's hourly, plus O/T (with the right numbers, of course)....and they take good care of their equipment--it may well be a job you keep. :thumbleft:

--Lual

Hawkeye72 Thanks this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Texas_hwy_287 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    In my case it just started recently too, overall I have ran steady for most the winter so I feel fortunate about that, you guys seem pretty steady here in Nevada, most the UPS feeders I see are pulling three trailers for the most part and usually the same amount of runs for that lane each night.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    We've done well simply because the ATA's attempts at finding cheaper labor (children) have mostly thus far failed. Lol pay up, or we'll be at the house.

Hopefully these gains don't go away, because if trucking in general since 1980 is any indication, they might be the last gains we see for a while (as an industry, obviously every company is different).

11. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    This WEEK was a little light on my run, but other than that it's been full throttle.

EuropeanTrucker and USMC 3531 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.