Hub Group In Washington state will waste your time after "hiring" you.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by whitelinequeen, Mar 31, 2024.

1. whitelinequeen

whitelinequeen Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    SW Washington
    If approached by Hub Group, run the other way.

1. In the past month, 2 people close to me were "hired" by them. One, after completing all paperwork, drug testing, and passing a driving test, actually received a fuel card and a tablet, but no start date.

Their communication is horrible. After several days, he was contacted by someone who said they wouldn't accept his prior experience as an owner operator. So, apparently copies of BOL's and proof of insurance and an active authority aren't enough.

Then they tried to tell him they'd already told him he wasn't hired--yet he had to chase them to return the tablet and the fuel card.

2. While this was playing out, another friend, an OTR driver who had to come off the road for personal reasons, applied, completed all testing, and was "hired," but not told when he would start. Once again, it took days of chasing to get someone to contact him. THIS time, they said, "Oh oops, we forgot to contact you to tell you we have a hiring freeze. We can't hire you after all."

Less than TWO days later, he received another call. "Oh we decided since you completed all the requirements, we're going to start you next week. We'll let you know where to go for orientation."

Then, crickets, AGAIN. He received ANOTHER call from a different person, telling him he wasn't hired and should probably not wait for them.

He had already found another position.

3. A couple of years ago, I was approached by a recruiter out of Oregon. I was told my experience and
    driving record was just what they wete after, and they would be in touch.

Never. Heard. Another. Word....

It is a mystery to me how a company can be this disorganized and behave as stupidly as those running recruiting in WA state and remain in business.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I always tell drivers never assume you are hired till you have the keys to a truck. But it does seem strange that they handed out a fuel card and tablet.
    HUB pays pretty good and I'm not buying the hiring freeze since they have several different accounts in the area.

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Of course they will waste your time they are a trucking company

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    They were hiring under the influence.

6. TurkeyCreekJackJohnson

TurkeyCreekJackJohnson Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2024
    South Western US
    Now that's funny!

7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I wouldn't chase anyone down to return anything. "Send me a self-adressed stamped envelope and when I get around to it I'll send you your fuel card." The tablet, depends on how nice it is whether or not you get that back.

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Not even chasing down Inga, to return some forgotten.....ummmm....unmentionables left in a mote......er......conspicuous place?

9. TB John

Dec 28, 2008
    No, I'd just let Mobley and O'dell know where they are and let those guys fight over them.

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    20240409_222329.jpg
    Hope you didn't leave any unmentionables here because Tucson's most seedy motel is now closed.

11. TB John

Dec 28, 2008
    It may be closed, but it's reputation lives on.:cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.