Huge storm coming! Anyone one have any driving advice besides " dont do it."

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by CJ5 Susan, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't know if they are or not, I don't know if our local guys are or not either. I am going to ask you pete the same thing I asked windsmith, did you click on the link? Did you think that the guy from Alabama was not on the level? I honestly believe the guy, but I have stubbed my toe a few times in the past, I'm no different than anyone else, and my opinion is no more important than anyone else, I just feel like that if this is true, what a tragedy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    windsmith, I am not trying to criticize you or for that matter disagree with or irritate you, but, you didn't answer my two questions, I was interested in your opinion.

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    the way they photoshop and dub tapes etc these days i never know what to believe but your right it is a tragedy all the way around and yes i looked at the links

5. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree completely. It might be that someone from Alabama will come across this thread that might happen to know the guy, or his neighbors cousins bus drivers brother, and shed a little more light on this.

6. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I'll be the first to admit I've softened my tone on this particular story. But I'll stick with my theory that it did not start all by itself.

I think it was grown from a few comments that a few hard-core union members made. Members that resented the non-union workers being there. And the "story" took off from there.

There is NO question in my mind that there are plenty of union members working the lines that are indeed resentful, but they have to keep quiet for the general good.

What a concept.

7. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    That man in Alabama said that they handled everything from his end while the drivers were still in Virginia, and that the union sent them the papers to be signed, but that they just couldn't sign them. That part kind of sounds like something I can believe, but what doesn't jive with that is the recording that they played on the radio with all of the comments. I wish that I would have gotten on that sooner on google and searched it out, I just figured that it would be on the news later. If the trucks were still in Virginia, how could the tape have been made? Although it is like pete said, with the photoshop and dubbing capabilities that are available, and even like windsmith said some of it is just unbelievable, how do you get to the truth. That interview with the guy that made the decision to send them up there is really hard to dispute though, I feel like.

8. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Well, my stand is that I am against organized labor as it is now. I cannot support a bureaucratic system that rewards seniority and tolerates laziness over knowledge, skill and ability.

Is he lying? Probably not. Is he leaving out important details that would explain the whole story? Probably. Is he frustrated? Probably, and justifiably so.

You did not irritate me, and I didn't feel as if you were criticizing. My apologies if I came across as such.

48Packard Thanks this.
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Crap like this gets the blood boiling on both sides of the issue.

Your last post was excellent and spot-on, IMHO, Windsmith.

windsmith Thanks this.
  10. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    That is all I was interested in was your opinion, and having gotten it I agree with what you say, and never thought about the "leaving out important information" angle, good point. When you are free to state your opinion and everyone else shares theirs, and all without worrying about someone criticizing you or biting your head off, you can usually get several people together and come up with some pretty good information and solutions in the long run.

11. Taildragon

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Oh no, I didn't intend for this to go in that direction, that never solves anything. I've found that usually an ice cold sody pop gets your blood temperature back with in safe ranges.

windsmith and 48Packard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.