Huntsville AL, looking for a spot.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Infosaur, Aug 20, 2019.

1. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Most of the Jacks ham/ fast food have truck parking behind them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    So here's where I give away a secret from my days doing intown deliveries in Huntsville...

...Should it ever happen that you need to park in Huntsville, there's a Home Depot at the corner of University (aka US 72) and Pulaski Pike, just before Memorial Parkway. Now there's a trick to getting in there, and it depends on what direction you're coming from, so I'll break it down.

If you're coming from 565 eastbound, take the exit for Memorial Parkway north/US 72 (its exit 19B), but stay in the left hand lane on the exit ramp as it curves to the north. Stay in that lane (do NOT get on the freeway), as it will become the second left turning lane onto University/72. Make that left and then turn into the first entry on the right like you're turning into Books A Million parking lot (because that's exactly what you'll be doing--don't worry we used to do it all the time). Bend left behind that building and you'll find yourself between it and the rear of Home Depot. Get up against the wall and chill there; no one will bother you. (This same entryway works if you're coming from 72 westbound as well.)

If you're coming from Memorial Parkway northbound, take the second exit after the 565 overpass (it comes up quick) and that will put you on the service road for 72/university; after exiting get into the second lane from the left to set up for left turn onto University. Do the same as above.

If you're coming from the north i.e. Memorial Parkway southbound...be careful with this one. Take the exit for Oakwood Ave, work your way to the far right, but stay straight. You'll cross Oakwood Rd, and then pass the Home Depot entry sign on your right, and then make the next right onto University, and then turn into that first entrance in front of BAM. (If you're good, you can turn into the complex where that Home Depot sign is and then swing it to the left immediately after entering-- but it's a bit tight.)

If you should so happen to be coming from 72 eastbound itself, travel to Pulaski Pike and then turn left at Pulaski. Turn not into the first driveway on the right (because that's a sharp t turn with a berm), but the second driveway for Home Depot, and then make an immediate right again. There's an old parking lot off to the Pulaski side of HD that, if you can swing it, you can swing in there and park for the night. Otherwise just chill out back in the open area behind HD or between the trek buildings. Your choice.

Infosaur Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.