Hurricane Irma's twin sister, Maria?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by A21CAV, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hotshot drivers can do well pulling FEMA trailers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    There are some cool people in this thread.

And before anyone slams me for saying that Maria is COOL!, let me say this.

It is not cool that people will have to suffer and deal with it.

What is cool, in a view from the outside, is that we may be seeing far reaching historical events unfold right in front of us.

Never before in the history of this country have we had 2 such storms within such a short period of time.
    That is history enough.
    But to have 3 in the same year? And maybe how many more before this year is finished.
    Or in the next decade or two.

There may be controversy as to what is causing the climate change, but I don't think there is any doubt that the climate IS changing.
    And personally, I am excited to be a part of it!

Too many generations throughout history have had simple and boring lives. Sucks for them because it causes stagnation.

But here we are, at the cusp of another major change.
    How will humanity deal with it, this time?!

I can't wait to see.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Barbados I think is evacuated totally. Not a soul on that island for first time in 300 years. San Marteen is trashed, I think the State just evac'ed or is fixing to fly out Americans who want out. We have a carrier group nearby actively working in a variety of ways ranging from Heli SAR to Distilled water.

MAria will be a problem. But also Lee has formed off Africa and that one will be a while.

There is still Jose that completed a sort of a loop and is moving onto the NE coast a bit. Causing rips on the entire seaboard north of Jax.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    They did that here in Arkansas and filled the airport at Hope and stored them about a decade where they rotted. Instead of being used.

All of them were disposed of at auction for very little money each not too long ago, flooded the market and confused some buyers who did not know what they were really getting. I think a ballpark number was about 10,000 plus.

6. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Toxic as those trailers were they should never have been sold.

NavigatorWife and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Missouri saw Katrina as a chance to make some easy cash. They made millions inspecting FEMA trailers and writing tickets. They did the same during that real bad drought when ranchers needed hay to keep their livestock alive. Any truck they saw hauling hay was pulled in for a Level 1 Inspection and of course tickets were written on all of them. A few pounds overweight, hay buldging a little so you're over-width, hay blowing off a little in the wind so you get a ticket for littering and no tarp. Always some low IQ people in power looking at people suffering and gleefully see dollar signs.

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Arkansas shipped hay out. They made their money on those round bales, you bet. But I don't recall policeman chasing after them. Theoratically it's still the farmer or rancher's hay until delivered to texas, OK, MO or whatever, cash bought and paid for, unloaded come home.

I was actually experimenting with hay bales round on my fields at my home. Had a farmer show up with a tractor and bailer. Cut the fields, come up with 3 to 5 bales a year and after the second year said that the prices for those was a break even for him. If I had twice the acres, I would have made a little bit, him a little bit and the cattle would have had forage.

It was a experiment. Learned a few things in that time in my life. And was happy that we had neighbors involved in that business with big ranches to show up and give it a go. Just to see what is possible.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That was formaldehyde, which was legal to use at that time.
    [​IMG]

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That was Missouri law enforcement doing the chasing and ticket writing.

NavigatorWife and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not in Maryland it aint. I don't think.

We visited a mobile home yard once when I was 8 and the fumes there inside that prospective home made me sicker than it did my parents first due to the small size of my body and it's higher metobalism. (Does that make sense?) Im out of there sick bad before the folks finally got what was required to make them not feel so good... Didnt take 10 minutes to discard that idea.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.