Husband and Wife R&L 2021

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Cerberus XVI, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Thanks for the advice, wife and I run a tight team schedule so we should be good on that, the doubles thing is what worries me the most so the second bit is much appreciated.

TequilaSunrise and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Good luck , I’ve heard of team LTL drivers making a killing at RLC and ODFL.

Cerberus XVI Thanks this.
  4. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    That's what I've heard. Wife and I will find out this year.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  5. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    R&L is a good company. The teams do make good money. Doubles are easy. A lot of terminals pre string them for the line haul guys. Stringing them by yourself is not hard and with a team it is very easy. Most team trucks are governed at 74, solos at 68. Almost all auto shift. Resorts are nice perk but Daytona and Pigeon Forge are just remodeled motels. Ocean isles in The Carolinas is supposed to be really nice. They don’t exclusively do doubles, there are a fair number of vans, 48’ and 53’. Insurance is middle of the road, 401k is 50% match on first 6% if I recall. They do have dedicated bids and some teams run wild. Terminals are spotty, some nice, some not so much. Lots of new equipment. Runs are terminal to terminal or meet and swap. Maintenance is generally pretty good.

xlsdraw, BeHereNow97 and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  6. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Day 2 of orientation done, we stayed a little later to get our computer work done, so we're all done with pc work. Tomorrow we they will call us and let us know when to report, they are gonna show us how to hook a set up pups, logs and protocol. So we will see how it goes.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  7. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Day 3, waiting on HQ to get our info together. Waiting to hear what the plans are for the day should get our truck today. We will see!

8. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Just in case you haven't seen this:

Apparently they have recently left R & L.
    Don't follow them, but gist of it seems to be wanting a change, nothing specific to do with the company.

9. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Yeah I watch them. They seem to have had an issue with the in cab cameras. One of their lives suggest there might have been an issue with home office saying something to them. And I think it may have been about them recording while driving. **BUT THAT'S PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART**

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Reason for edit: New info
  10. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    R&L doesn’t run driver facing cams unless there are safety issues that lead up to it being turned on. Lens is physically blocked.

Cerberus XVI Thanks this.
  11. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    That is true, but in my safety meeting the lead safety guy who did the orientation (works somewhere in the NE) said that they will watch the reflection on the windshield which shows what the driver is doing in the right conditions. Which is something they mentioned in on of their lives. (They meaning the couple from this youtube channel)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.