Husband got 2 tickets on top of Grapevine in CA- question? Please read!!?!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by woofless, Dec 9, 2008.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I think somebody needs a nap or time out..:biggrin_25523:

Iceman_biker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Thank yew!
    Would you believe most folks don't realize that?
    It's not a subject that I bring up often because someone might think I'm braggin' 'cause I think I'm better than they are. Of course, as we all know, not all rocks are created equally. Each rock type is unique in it's own way. I was fortunate in that my mother is Igneous and daddy is Sedimentary, so, naturally, that makes me Metamorphic. Just the luck of the draw, I reckon. Considering I could have been created thick as a brick, narrow-minded, judgmental, opinionated and full of imagined superiority, I feel pretty fortunate to be more down to earth and mellow.

Whereas I had no actual involvement in my creation, it's possible that my composition could change if I come in contact with certain elements over the eons of my existence. Not to mention the influence I have on civilization. From Rock of Ages to Rock 'N Roll, life just wouldn't be the same without the contributions rocks have provided mankind and manunkind as well.

And, as the saying goes, those who live in glass houses shouldn't belittle rocks or someone without sin might cast a projectile upon them and live happily ever AfterShock.
    Rock on -- Rock off.

4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    2 years ago I got a ticket in a small town in Texas that I used to drive through about once a week. My bad, daydreaming, my fault. I stopped at the town hall the next time through and spoke with the chief of police and the judges office. They changed it to a warning with a probabtion of 6 months, nothing on my record. Now thats Texas, In California you are SCREWED!:biggrin_25523:

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Got a warning this morning for rollin a stop sign. CHP was really kind of cool about it, he ask why I rolled it, and then gave me the quick stop complete next time....

I would not normally post something like this but with all of the CHP hates me I read, I just figure someone should post the otherside when it happens also.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. strat24

strat24 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Illinois

What about Ohio where they can look at you and say he was doing 65 in a 55..... Thats right they look at you from the side of road or where ever and guess your speed..... thats BS. Look it up if you haven't heard about it.

7. Iceman_biker

Iceman_biker Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Arcadia LA

Most states they can do it, that isn't that unusual. How do you think you got speeding tickets before radar.

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Certainly not legal in Illinois.

You have the right to see the unit and verify the speed. Also when last calibrated.

Now, when they do the speed trap where the bear in on the overpass, I am not sure how you would be allowed the verification.

I have not received a speeding ticket since I was 16.

9. strat24

strat24 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Illinois

I'm not talking about pacing. You can't tell how fast someone is going by looking at them pass you sitting on the road. They might get in the ballpark but that shouldn't cut it when it comes to something that can put a bad mark on your MVR.

10. Iceman_biker

Iceman_biker Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Arcadia LA
    I'm not talking about pacing, certain police go to a school to learn how to tell your speed by eye.

11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    You are lucky. You could of been a crack rock.

Then the law would be looking for you. And your so called friends would be trying to smoke you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.