Husband was fired from his truck job because he has cancer

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Connie Noel, Apr 18, 2021.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Why is it the company's responsibility to keep you employed if you can't to the job? It's sad but welcome to life. #### happens and it doesn't always require a lawyer, sometimes you just have to play the cards you are dealt.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it must be easy for you to knock people down, when they are already on the ground....eh..???

it is not a matter of the company's responsibility, but if the company had a justifiable reason.

you must be the loneliest person on earth to be so self righteous.

this IS the life, this IS the real world.....

how about you joining in to help, rather than to be an arse...????

NavigatorWife, drivinhome and Don379 Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Here is what confuses me about the story. Saying won't know if he qualifies for SSI Disability until December. I had cancer, granted 15 years ago, but knew with in 2 weeks if I qualified for Disability. In fact, they typically will auto deny everyone the first time. To weed out the fakers. But with the paperwork from the doctors it shouldn't be 8 months.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    He was fired for getting sick.

I like you well enough, but this comment has me mystified.

NavigatorWife and slow.rider Thank this.
  6. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Could be covid delays? I don't know.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Everyone is using covid as an excuse to not do their jobs, so everything is way backed up.

You could just as easily claim he got fired because he no longer was able to do his job. Chemo drugs are nasty, I can't see him being able to drive while on chemo..
    Thing is, we only know from the drivers wife he got fired for getting sick. We don't know why the company actually fired him, or if he was even truthful to his wife.

NavigatorWife and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    That's fair. I know he definitely can't drive while doing chemo. But it just seems like the company should hold his spot for him when he gets healthy.

Which they may have done, and could be a miscommunication.

Long story short, he's not driving anytime soon anyways, given his health.

NavigatorWife and ZVar Thank this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    To begin with we don't know why or if he was fired, he may have been told go home and come back when you can work, his wife used the word fired and now everybody is in an uproar. I can tell you chemo is some nasty stuff, an OTR driver would not be able do chemo and work, depending on the person you might not be able to do a local job. His wife used the word fired and everybody wants to lawyer up. I'm not unsympathetic to the situation, sometimes things happen and you have to deal with them, there's lots of help out there.

NavigatorWife and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  10. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    How do you know they didn't?
    I'm not lonely at all, but I sure as hell would get the whole story first before offering advice

11. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    Is the reason why i specifically said " IF your husband was directly fird for disclosin he developed cancer, contact a lawyer" ITs illegal. OF course we dont know the whole truth or if this thread is real. But why do you think thats wrong? So if you were done dirty at work and now you are on welfare, your just going to say to yourself " is my own fault and i hate people that get lawyers so im not gonna get one?

A side note, I like your posts on the forum as many others do. I just disagree with you on his thread pal. Whether you like me or not, youre alright in my book

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.