I’m Looking for a Mega Carrier Hiring in Miami Fl New Cdl

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Wildoutlaw360, May 15, 2023.

1. Wildoutlaw360

Wildoutlaw360 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2023
    Miami fl
    I’m pretty sure this was discussed, but not sure in this area. Miami Fl

I’m located in Miami Florida and looking to get experience as a CDL driver, I’ve had my CDL for two years now but have not been driving so I guess I’m considered a new grad I’m assuming. I pretty much just applied for my CDL on my own because I had the time and wanted to secure the license early, so I passed the course. I have my CDL A automatic, hazmat,twic and tanker endorsement. I joined Werner onboarding at that time and I guess I pass because they wanted to give me a truck, but I was not prepared to do that at that time I thought I was just getting driving experience and later I could have joined, but that was not the case. They wanted me to drive right there and then which I was definitely not prepared to be on the road at that moment.

I’m looking to team up with a mega carrier that’s reasonably paying, either on the flatbed or tanker division hiring Cdls in miami fl for newbies to get some years of experience to transition to something better with better home time.

I’ve seen numerous CDL jobs, but they all require one year or two year of driving, which I don’t have. I’m looking to park somewhere for about a year or so to get into a better gig. But at the same time a company that’s paying good for now reason being I have a family of five to support I’ve already pre paid my bills 2 to 3 months in advance to accommodate the pay transition of a starter company.

below is what I came up with, if I’m missing please advise thanks again.

starter companies hiring new grads miami fl for flatbed or tanker
    1. Melton truck lines.
    2. Prime Inc.

After experience transition to:

1.lease on
    1.cryogenic tanker Job
    1. Walmart.
    1. FedEx.
    1. UPS.

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If Melton or Prime will take you, go for it. Options are thin in South Florida. Try Frozen Food Express. I know it ain't flatbed or tanker. It's reefer, but I think they have a terminal there and it will get you some experience.

4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    take any job driving you can get, before more time passes or you'll have to do refresher course.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. dave01282000

dave01282000 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Ohio
    Prime goes back and forth on whether they hire south of I-4 but I think they're a good a starter company. I never sat for long.

I can't speak to flatbed as I did reefer, but I would talk to flatbed guys in the terminal and they never seemed doom and gloom or anything. I noticed several of them were there to get flatbed experience before going hotshot, but that's neither here nor there.

6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    New CDL holders welcome, & home daily:

Sysco -- Food delivery

~~~~~~~

Get 2 years CDL experience elsewhere -- THEN you can start looking for hazmat tanker work.

Also -- BE SURE to avoid any job or account that has you delivering to any of the "dollar" stores: Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc.

Those jobs are TERRIBLE--but especially for drivers with little or no experience.

-- Lual

7. Wildoutlaw360

Jan 25, 2023
    Miami fl
    You’re definitely right I need to take whoever takes me. I didn’t mind OTR. I will definitely check out frozen foods. My options in the first two years basically has to be open.

Thanks for taking the time.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  8. Wildoutlaw360

Jan 25, 2023
    Miami fl
    Great advice I’ll definitely look into that. Thanks again.

9. Wildoutlaw360

Jan 25, 2023
    Miami fl

I did not know about that. Definitely will make a move real soon.

Numb Thanks this.
  10. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    it's not a given, but a good possibility.

11. Wildoutlaw360

Jan 25, 2023
    Miami fl
    I will reach out to them I believe it’s an In-N-Out type of thing with them from what I’ve been hearing as well. They seem to have a good pay structure but yet again, I’m new hey. Get in where you fit in

dave01282000 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.