I-70 Road Expansion; KC - STL

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by motocross25, Sep 6, 2023.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Gov. Mike Parson signs bill to expand I-70 across Missouri

I sure hope this eases traffic along Missouri. (For those that don’t want to click on the link; they are adding a third lane to 70 east and westbound across the state) I - 70 is terrible I avoid it at all cost running across the state. I’ll either hop up on 36 or run across 50. I would like to think this would help. But knowing Missouri, they won’t let trucks in that left lane. :mad:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Weren't they trying to make 70 a toll road a couple years ago claiming they had no money to repair it?

I agree with you, I run 36 probably 95% of the time, it's much better!!!

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I run 36 across too

bzinger, Blagoje, silverspur and 2 others Thank this.
  5. YardMule89

YardMule89 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2021
    Having lived in MO for 42 years the argument was always lack of right-of-way and the amount of money it would take to buy it. We just went back to see mom this past weekend and see they have the new bridge open at the MO River west of Columbia and in the process of demolishing the old one in order to start on the second one beside it.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I run across 36 almost exclusively now..70 is a headache

bzinger, Blagoje, silverspur and 2 others Thank this.
  7. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I had wondered about that bridge with this new development coming down the pipeline. I haven’t been that way in awhile, I wonder how that’s going to be when 70 is 3 lanes. Because the bridge is only 2, or at least so I thought.

bzinger and YardMule89 Thank this.
  8. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea you’re right, when I lived in St. Louis about 6 years ago that was the talk, that they were gonna make that stretch a toll. Then they were going to put in some “super rail” high speed train. That idea fizzled out fairly quickly though.

bzinger and YardMule89 Thank this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    I run 36, every other day. I don’t even consider 70.

bzinger, YardMule89 and silverspur Thank this.
  10. Pigdude

Pigdude Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2021
    The new bridge is more than wide enough for three lanes. The first slab is running four right now. But I’d like like to opine on that bridge, as an area resident…

Mr or Mrs Bridge designer, you had one job. Replace a classic mid Missouri landmark. You failed miserably. You had one opportunity to make your mark with an amazing design, fitting the location. 100 miles in each direction, we can see soaring, twisted cable stay bridges that are true works of art. You literally moved a #### mountain to bring your design to life, and that’s the abortion you built? You could have inspired generations to come with your creativity, making a structure that compliments its surroundings and strikes awe in its users.

But you did that thing instead.

You lazy, unimaginative POS.

Your design is a festering wound on our great state. You suck at your job.

You should have looked at our other new bridges, sat down at your drafting table, ate a couple shrooms, and shown us a thing of beauty. Instead, you said “just throw a slab across it” and called it good. Way to take pride in your work.

/rant

MACK E-6, Hammer166 and YardMule89 Thank this.
  11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Personally I don't find 70 that bad ... no worse than any other rural interstate. And KC and STL are easier to get through than most metro area.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.