I-80 closed Laramie to Otto Rd and Exit 359, Junction I-25

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Moon_beam, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Siinman and Tadakatsu Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tadakatsu

Tadakatsu Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    I-80 across Wyoming is arguably the most dangerous roadway in America during the winter months for a veritable medley of reasons.

mjd4277, TheLoadOut, Siinman and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I am sitting right after the ramp to go to the rest area. Tried like hell to get out of this area before the wrecks started but they had a large crash of 15-25 cars/trucks.

I almost got up and ran illegal so I could get past this area before it hit and the morons crashed. I wish I had done it now! #### morons out here dont understand how to drive at all.

mjd4277, drvrtech77, Moon_beam and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming

Have three trucks out there right now.

Attached Files:

6. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    What's your best guess on getting it cleaned up? I think I80 going towards Cheyenne is shut down now as well. Thank your drivers for working hard as well from one of the trucks sitting waiting to get moving again. I do appreciate them working hard in this weather and on Thanksgiving.

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Usual suspects involved?

mjd4277, Oxbow, TheLoadOut and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Sure looks that way! People never learn how to drive in this area for some reason.

mjd4277, drvrtech77, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming
    The patrol has been getting themselves pretty confused so who knows. It isn't in our rotation zone, technically it should be Laramie wreckers getting them but they couldn't get past it to start pulling things out of the front so they called us off the Cheyenne rotation and told us to come westbound in the eastbound lanes from the 329 to start pulling them out. We had just arrived and the patrol cancelled all of the Cheyenne trucks. Then called back about 30 minutes later. By that time we started getting private party calls from trucks involved. But I doubt they will open it tonight, looks like conditions are getting worse.

drvrtech77, Moon_beam, Oxbow and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    No doubt I do not see it opening tonight. Roads are getting slick around this area. Will be interesting once it opens if a lot of these trucks cannot move and not be able to chain up. I don't see us moving for a while.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well when they are pulling an Amazon trailer flat on the floor and can't even get the name on the truck straight and speak swahilli ? Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted