I always said I would be honest

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by 0ptimu5 Prime, Feb 29, 2008.

1. 0ptimu5 Prime

0ptimu5 Prime Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    well i am linehaul and so far my past 3 weeks have all been 3000 plus miles. maybe its just regional that is having issues with making money? im not sure either way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kentul01

kentul01 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Broken Arrow, OK
    i'm still tryibg to figure out how jarhead lost 2 pints of blood tying down his loads. what the heck is he doing?

4. Eon

Eon Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Kirksville
    hey arrow just called me. They want me to come work for them? BUT I im hearing all these regional drivers bit€h about hours. and you dont sound all that happy there either. is arrow a joke or what i wanna run and make some money can i do it there? without getting jerked around? the recuiter said they had flatbed in my area. And that I would be out for 3 weeks at a time. sound about right? sorry alot of questions but im coming in for orientation the 12th. I'm using my 2 weeks vacation from my other job to make sure. I only have one chance to get this right.

5. hounddawg454

hounddawg454 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2006
    freightliner USA
    fleet average is still around 2000 miles per week. But I wouldn't count on more than that. some guys might have a good week but 1 good week and 3 bad ones make for a tough month.

6. Eon

Eon Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Kirksville
    Does anybody know where a North Missouri driver would be hauling for Arrow ? or do they send you out everywhere?

7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Well, regional sucks. At least SouthWest does. They run you from where you are to Texas, then you sit around TX doing cheap loads that are local to Houston or Dallas.

If you dont need more than $4-700/week, go with Arrow. If you want to make money, I'd seriously go somewhere else. Try TMC, try Passmore, try anywhere that has MODERN equipment. Arrow needs to update their aging fleet, and NOW. Those steel trailers are dangerous and the "portable winches" are a waste of time. Also, you have to buy your own bungies and 2" straps, along with your own winch bar. I've never heard of that. Nice little surprise.

Arrow is a place to go make a few bucks for a minute, but NOT a place to make a career.

8. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

:biggrin_2559:

Two words: PORTABLE WINCHES

Seriously, every flatbedder will trash his/her hands. That just comes with the job, whether you have modern equipment like Prime or TMC, or old 1970's leftovers like Arrow.

Oh, and trust me. MY freight isnt going ANYwhere. I oversecure like a madman. Arrow's securement standards do NOT meet MY standards.

9. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

:biggrin_2559:

10. hounddawg454

hounddawg454 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2006
    freightliner USA
    Was just wondering how optimu5 was doing at Arrow. Hope he's doing ok. Times have been kinda' rough around here.

11. moonshadow

moonshadow Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver
    Once again...thanks for the great thread. Good insight into Arrow. Good luck to all of you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.