I am about to give up!

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by harleymanjax, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candyman1970

Candyman1970 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Saegertown, Pa
    i am not going to bore you with all of the reteric of try this or that. I work for a company, P.I.&I. MX. They are based out of Masury, Oh. They do have a terminal in Tampa, Fl. They do have a website, piimx.com, if you are interested in trying flatbed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. elmo99120

elmo99120 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Valdosta, Ga
    How goes it, Know of anyone that will train a Navy Vet with a clean mvr, clean criminal background, 5 months OTR experience back in 07. I graduated from the Schneider Training Academy and drove Solo for them until my g-pa got real sick and I quit so I could help my g-ma take care of him. Seems that Schneider didn't concern themselves that drivers have families. I don't want much time at home, I don't wanna get rich driving, I just want to drive my butt off within regs ofcourse and gain experience so I can eventually buy my own rig. Anyone in South GA area would be a bonus. I have my CDL in hand and am ready to rock n roll. Hope to hear from someone. Email me if you have the potential to help me out. elmo99120@yahoo.com (No I'm not gay lol, my nephew gave me the nickname cuz of an Elmo doll I gave him a long time ago. Kids will be kids lol).

4. V8-MACK

V8-MACK Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    ELmo I would try a small local co. and don,t expect too much,like big pay checks. I have a few years experience and all the endorsements,twic, and passport, used to enter Canada 80 times a year. And I can,t find a job that,s anygood. So in a few days I might have to move to another state or stock shelfs at walmart there pay is better than what,s out there now anyway. So it,s like this the high paying driving jobs don,t pay good anymore, co.s are not paying layovers, detension,etc. It,s the worst time to be trying to get in a truck. I would hold off until the economy picks up, maybe 2 years from now. Good Luck

5. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Even with good economy, I wonder what the ratio of truckers who leased trucks to truckers who leased and paid off trucks are?
    There is a reason hack drivers don't buy trucks...I think it's the same reason they don't have Mercedes.
    If you are supporting a family, house, utilities...don't get your hopes up.

6. joebear29

joebear29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2009
    Henderson
    Come up here ,,,,,but iam looking for a trucking school to get in.so i can get back on the road.:biggrin_25520:so u have'nt found nothang yet since the last time we wrote each other:biggrin_255::Trailer:?well look like u need to move out of FL.

7. oldawg51

oldawg51 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Roxboro, North Carolina
    How about Cypress out of Jacksonville?

8. bigrigdriver229

bigrigdriver229 Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2008
    watervliet, ny
    Driver, I do not understand that you contacted all them companies and not even a few would not seat you for a bit, SWIFT did not take you thats a suprise, they'd hire a one eyed racoon if they knew it could drive. mind you with them if your a recent grad you'd run with a mentor for awhile until you passed and then you'd get your own unit.JB HUNT is another one, slow trucks but give'em a shot. DONT GIVE UP. keep pluggin even if you have to call them all back again and get names. try PRIME, *bleep**bleep**bleep**bleep* go to a TRUCK STOP in your area and get all the little mags you can concernng trucking (they are free) and you'd be amazed at trucking companies in those books that you never see on the road that are out there. what about the school you graduated from dont they have a placement book ? most schools do, reguading local and OTR jobs that look to the schools for new drivers. anyways good luck, down the road you will be giving another driver advise on jobs its just hard as hell being a GREENHORN, until you prove yourself in a rig, theres more to it than just driving straight down the road.

teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  9. Gypsy

Gypsy Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Adairsville,Ga
    I to am a recent grad. Right now I've got firm offers from two companies, one is Watkins Shepard and the other is Willis Shaw (WSE). I think I'm gonna go with WSE, I hear good things about them and Watkins does and 10 day orientation and then straight to the road. As bad as I want to drive I'd really feel safer and better equiped for the road with a trainer first.

10. ROLLINREFER

ROLLINREFER Bobtail Member

:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:

11. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

I actually had a pre-hire from them while I was at Roadmaster but they were not having any orientations for awhile so I went to Werner. I called my recruiter at Stevens after Werner screwed me and she said they wouldnt take me now either!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.