I am curious about KLLM I want to know if team drivers can make good money there Thanks

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by yoelva, May 1, 2019.

1. yoelva

yoelva Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2019
    KLLM Team Drivers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @TravR1 runs teams with KLLM sister company, FFE

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I know a little about KLLM from decades ago, but I was a Solo and Team FFE man dating to 2001. Out of Lancaster TX.

The secret to good miles is to score the LA to Avenel Loads between both FFE ternimals for us. I don't know the updated situation with FFE now. because things have changed.

Good luck.

Listen to Chinatown. He is the Guru with job related stuff.

Puppage and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I dont know about KLLM but teaming with FFE you can definitely make some money.

When you apply, you will fill out the application on KLLM website then during orientation you will choose either KLLM or FFE.

Most People seem to prefer FFE over KLLM.

If You go FFE and join their plasma fleet you'll work 3 weeks, then get a week off. And your week off they will pay you 850.00.

I made 80k my first year doing that. Made good on my contract and I am still there. Didn't go running out the door as soon as it ended, its a pretty good gig if you are not allergic to touching freight.

Another perk is you will in cities often close to restaurants and grocery stores. So you will have regular access to good food, not just truck stop junk. I am often within 15 minutes walking distance to a Kroger or something and can buy decent food.

Theres a $35/day per diem.

CorsairFanboy and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    What’s a plasma fleet?

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Its hauling blood donations. You go to donation centers all over the US and pick up their blood then haul it to one of their warehouses. It is average about 1500 per week per driver. My largest check was for 3450.00 something like that. Smallest check was for 850, not including the home time. I just went from Dallas to Pheonix then back again.

There are good weeks and bad weeks. But you should have more good weeks than bad for sure.

This week is a bad week for me because I broke down my reefer and it took 30 hours to get fixed. My company had to overnight a part. Also I got sick and it's cold and wet up here. So I still must complete the run but I get home Tuesday instead of Saturday. Also I am trying to train someone and this happens. Lol

But those are the exception, not the rule. Normally everything runs smoothly.

:)

motocross25 Thanks this.
  8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I was wondering if it was something like that. So many companies use such weird terms for different fleets and runs they do, I thought well maybe it means something I don’t even know about. That’s great man. I bet some of those plasma donation centers aren’t exactly fantastic to get into. Thanks for the explanation, hope you get to feeling better and good luck with your trainee!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.