I can’t find driver s !

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Western fleet owner, Mar 24, 2021.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    This right here,

I always said I wouldn't become one of these old burnouts who only does "Trucking". Also this whole "That's Trucking" and "This is a long-haul job, that means lifestyle" is ########. 5-2 11-3 14-4 are totally dooable schedules, everyone makes money, everyone is happy. But then companies have to get "Ideas", you "earn" one day off every 7 days, min 24-26 days in the truck (Bison) 12-2 (Caron Transport), Only 36 hours off MAXIMUM (Mullen, even with O/O's) why? life is more important, and you can make the same money at 7-11 with some extra weekend shifts.

This industry is dying, and heading for a total collapse, and it deserves every last bit of it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    0.55cpm in Canada for Van is amazing, Bison is paying 0.40, IHaul 0.45 TransX 0.46 (Canada only rates).

No one wants to do this job anymore dude, thats really what it comes down too, and honestly; can you blame them?

I'm sure you're a good dude, but all the #### everyone has had to eat before they got to you, have destroyed any desire they ever had for trucking.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Yea it's the lower priced houses , and I can't believe I am saying this like a $300 thousand dollar house is the bottom .

$300 thousand and lower average houses that are severely overpriced.

5. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Bighoss. Are you sure Bison pays 40? Most carriers are at 50 plus plus. I am not a Transx fan but they pay for border crossings and a host of other perks. If I had to drive that triangle day in and day out I would slit my wrist.

6. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Actually I was just informed they just got a raise, so it’s now 0.42/mi on Canadian miles, and 0.48-0.52/mi on US miles, depending on reefer/HAZ/FAST. They also have lane premiums, but they never disclose what those are. I know the NE and PACNW pay better, and BC has some bonuses. They do pay some other small perks, like borders, but as you mentioned. It’s almost all triangles.

7. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Nobody who does a little D&D enters trucking. Why should it cost money to work? Meals etc,,all tallies up to expenses not incurred in other jobs. I got tax free daily diem when I did long haul...that’s unheard these days.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  8. Prairie Trucker

Prairie Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2021
    It is hard to find good drivers - no one wants the small runs, trailer exchanges or driver assist - even with bonuses - we had someone with three DAYS experience tell us he would drive for us if we paid him 0.32 CPM (team)...otherwise he had 3 jobs lined up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I used words that would make you all blush when I told him what I thought of his three job offers and where he could take them...
    Our drivers usually stick with us - we tell them it's not an easy job, it's unpredictable, not everything is hook and drop etc.... and so they know...

LOOKING4ELITEDRIVERS Thanks this.
  9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Common man, I was making 0.46cpm, then I went O/O and contracted to the same companies, pulling the same loads, to the same places. After I paid my truck and my fuel and put money into the business. I MYSELF was making 75cpm; and it wasn't even my freight or trailers.

You think these mega's are doing anything for less than 50% profit? That's not how corporate works.

Corporate also doesn't share, and just keeps pushing for the cheaper option (Lean Sigma Six).

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Why do US miles pay better?

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  11. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Exchange rate mostly and border hassles plus shorter day

AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.