I cannot stand Greedy ##### brokers

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by AJPTransport, Nov 7, 2013.

1. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Chitown
    So the brokers paying a couple hundred a month. Look out!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    It's the 6 car guys killing this industry.

4. admhays

admhays Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Will you elaborate on this please?

5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I just can't agree with that statement, at least a quickloader has a real investment in his trailer, try and buy a decent six car for under 40,000, and has at least another 20+ in the truck.

That's a far cry from the guy that already has pickup in the driveway and found a home built wedge on CL for 3500.00 dollars.

Besides, that really wasn't the point of my post, I really don't care if you have a 1/2 ton and a one car trailer, just don't haul that crap for #### prices, let it sit.

Stan

truckon Thanks this.
  6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    According to the brokers I trust the 6 cars are the ones taking the .20-40 cars "because there extra" , I wasn't thinking the professional ones, I was thinking the ones that can't speak English driving equipment that wouldn't pass an inspection. ...

As far as equipment, you can have 20k in a tractor and 40 in the trailer, or 50k in a 3500 and 18k in a take3, it all adds up the same.

7. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Chitown
    18k in a take 3 trailer? Is it gold plated ? Lol

8. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

That's definitely something we can agree on, most businesses don't realize there is more money , you just gave to work for it.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  9. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

The wedge guys really don't affect me that much, as MOST of them don't run cross country as we do, and a big shuttle bus or a loaded ambulance will usually max out there axles, and I don't worry much about the 6-11 car rigs because most of them don't want the big/tall vehicles as it kills there stack.

But here lately because freight pricing is down all over I have run into quite a few steps and flats that are hauling a big van/bus or a bucket truck. The problem is, that unit should pay at LEAST a buck or more a mile.

I run into these guys all the time hauling them 1000 miles for 600.00 and think they are doing good, I always get "well, it pays for fuel"!

truckon Thanks this.
  10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Have you priced one lately? ? 10K axles, super singles , hydro brakes, aluminium ramps... it adds up fast.

11. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    For instance, right now there are two Trolley buses listed on CD going from Cali. out east, it works out to .66 CPM each, even if you could get both on the same load it would take ALL of your deck space (and probably hang over assuming they are 28' each).

So you would be getting 1.32CPM for a FULLY LOADED trailer, that will have you down to 5mpg because of drag, in what world does this make any sense?

But that is what the broker has them listed for, even though I have a truck out there right now I'm not making that call.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.