I cannot stand Greedy ##### brokers

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by AJPTransport, Nov 7, 2013.

1. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    All I run now are hondas (smart auction, auction dealer) for select dealers, 1100 miles one way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Chitown
    Kansas. That's what I'm saying and I'm sure that brokers probably making 500 on his end if not more. I've delt with about 25% brokers that are fair. The other 75 are greedy scum suckers that try to take advantage of people who know no better.

4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Once again, your missing the point, if carriers didn't pull for these rates, then prices would go up, its simply supply and demand.

Cetane+ Thanks this.
  5. AJPTransport

Jun 7, 2009
    Chitown
    Ya but all you guys can sit here on hopes and dreams that everyone will do that. Well they won't, there's guys trying to out food on their table and will take what ever they can get.

6. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

AJP, I am not telling you this to be a smart ###, but rather from real experience over the years. Although I understand what you are saying, I just hope you are looking down the road at the big picture.

Just because you are making a "buck" right now, keep in mind that at some point, equipment has to be repaired or replaced, make sure you are accounting for this in your calculations.

I have seen a lot of guys tell me they were doing just fine,,,, until their first major repair hit.

EVERYONE, has a cost-plus bottom line, some are less than others, and I nor anyone else can tell what you should or should not haul for, just make sure you are accounting for everything in that figure, it is the best advice I can give you.

Stan

sxdime and truckon Thank this.
  7. AJPTransport

Jun 7, 2009
    Chitown
    Stan I hear ya. I do factor in everything including repairs. If I knew every transporter in the nation would strike , I would do the same for sure.

8. See Are125

See Are125 Light Load Member

May 23, 2013
    My theory is this.

Driver A is very picky and is only able to find 3 loads in a week, each load pays $1000.

Driver B takes everything he can get and gets 5 loads in a week, each load pays $600.

They both gross $3,000. They both use $200/day in fuel.

Driver A only worked 3 days and made $2,400.

Driver B worked his butt off for 5 days and only made $2,000.

This isn't even including fuel filters, oil changes, tires, brakes, wear and tear, etc., etc., etc.

Driver B knows he's making more money than Driver A, he HAS to be. He's working 2 more full days! Wrong.

9. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    This part of the industry runs in cycles. Prices of used trucks are up due to the cost of new ones. The guys that are hauling the cheap freight will not make it once their equipment craps out and they can't afford to repair it nor replace it. Things will roll around like 07-08 again when guys were losing trucks etc. That is when the brokers will have to come off more money in order to get the cars moved cuz the strong/smart ones survive and the cheap haulers are looking for a new profession.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  10. Higb

Higb Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Augusta, GA
  11. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    The problem is there are 10X more coming in at any given time to replace them due to a combination of stories they have heard making the big $$$ & the general economy sucks in terms of finding other work. There is some guy right now justifying cutting AJP's rates by $25 to keep his truck rolling. :biggrin_25513:

KANSAS TRANSIT and truckon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.