I cannot stand Greedy ##### brokers

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by AJPTransport, Nov 7, 2013.

1. USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Mount Union, PA

Amen brother, that's exactly what needs to happen with the illegal transporters on uShip!! Semper Fi...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LeaveMeAlone

LeaveMeAlone Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Woodway, TX
    Come on, put it on with me. I'm tired of training company drivers and am in need of a guinea pig for leasing on. I have my own freight.

4. LeaveMeAlone

Nov 18, 2013
    Woodway, TX
  5. AJPTransport

AJPTransport Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Chitown
    Well you hit the nail on the head.

6. LeaveMeAlone

Nov 18, 2013
    Woodway, TX
    tell that to my wife! It is hard work, and sometimes she does it for free. I hated brokers when I first started, until we started brokering. Now I get it. I'd rather haul than sell. Brokering is a thankless job.

7. Mr&MrsPete

Mr&MrsPete Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Nope its red. And as far as leasing on,no thank you.Nothing personal but Im tired of seeing my profit margins go to the company Im leased to.Trust me. I get it everyone has to be competitive in their rates However I remember a day when we went north and south in CA for $300 a unit and didnt even know what Central Dispatch was. I think $225 a unit to the truck is fair. Thats hard to do when the company bills $200 a unit then takes 20%. As far a running to Texas the rate needs to be anywhere from $600 to $775 a unit

8. SemperFiServices

SemperFiServices Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Shoot, I still try to get 300 per from SD to Sac, $225 might be fair for a 8-10 car, but not to my 3 car wedge. Yeah it's my fault for being small, but why is it that one broker can pay me $325 for a car, and another only wants to pay $275 for a 1 ton with utility body? Some are good, some are crooks. Just like those Montway idiots, they bid (after BROKERAGE FEES) on uship a car for $350, but you see it listed on CD for only $250. Really? You gotta be that friggin GREEDY? Piss off, I'm not putting your kids through college while I sweat the pounds off in my rattling, no a/c having, crappy heat having, non aerodynamic cabover.

9. Mr&MrsPete

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    From San Diego? Oh yeah that needs to be $300 for sure. I do still have some utility truck customers that pay $500 a unit from Fontana up to the bay but those are direct customers who recognize good service. As far a brokers go most ive have ever talked to try to make at least $100 per car. Im ok with that as long as I get what I need. The problems start when they start fighting each other for freight and drive the rate down. Then the lowest bidder still wants to take $100 and give you the $150 car. There are some good brokers out there that call periodicly just to talk and see what I need to move a car before they go giving quotes to customers. For example when I started hauling to Texas, cars from nor cal paid $700 a unit and everything picked up from a terminal and delivered to a terminal. Now, they want you to haul for $550 and go door to door with a stinger or semi high mount. Its just the broker taking the terminal fees and a little more for themselves because they are afraid they wont get the sale and may have to get a job back in the real world

10. SemperFiServices

SemperFiServices Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I shoulda said from 300 from OC, I try to do better from SD. I wouldn't mind your contacts if you don't plan on running again, I do scratch the back that scratches mine :yes2557:

truckon Thanks this.
  11. Mr&MrsPete

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Im actually still doing the utility trucks, I just put them on my lowbed. I thought about buying that Sun Country nex gen 5-car but at the end of the day its only 5 cars. Im used to 7 or better. Although that is a beautiful trailer, and will do some amazing loads.I will say when I broker freight to my friends who have their own authority and their own equipment I only take 5%. In recent years I did have guys that leased on to me and I took 15% or 25% if they pulled my trailer. So I know what its like to broker. The difference is , is that I know what it costs to operate a truck and I also understand at the end of the day if the trucker isnt making what he needs he will eventually quit or go out of business. This is not good for either party because now the freight doesnt even get moved and my trailers would sit. These brokers either dont understand what it takes to operate a truck or they just dont care.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.