I don't want to start an argument here, but... more screening of new drivers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tracyq144, May 7, 2011.

1. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Yep, he said NEW DWIVER, Like still in diapers.:biggrin_2559:

ronin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I guess thats why some companies insist on taking new drivers out for a few months of training that way the trainer can truly access the true driving ability of a new driver although having said that becoming a good driver can take years, it could of been a genuine mistake but i do sympathize with you i'd hate to be side swiped or run off the road .

ronin Thanks this.
  4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Wrong!!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!! NO LUCK!!! Earned 37 years, NO ACCIDENTS. And not by LUCK. You have a long, long, way too go. See if you can do it, with luck.

GasHauler and ronin Thank this.
  5. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Yesterday on I-39 I saw a DA stop at the last possible spot on the exit ramp and make a hard right turn to exit.... between two hwy dept. trucks (doing road maintenance) and directly in front of an exiting 4 wheeler... stupid people should stay home.

ronin Thanks this.
  6. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I see more than just that on a quarter of an hour basis. Anyone can do it. Some of us get caught off guard and react before we think. Sure, it's stupid, but we all have our days, right?

ronin Thanks this.
  7. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Uh.... no. Not that bad of a day... the driver put several people at high risk with a stupid move like that. he should have gone on to the exit exit 60 seconds up the road...

ronin Thanks this.
  8. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    That's the point, and you illustrate it perfectly. "STUPID" JUST DOESN'T GET IT WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING A SEMI.

To shrug your shoulders and say, "Ah, just one of those days!" doesn't get it, and is what I originally posted about.

Do I sometimes miss my exit? Yes, it's happened, but the correct response is to say, "####!", and go on to the NEXT exit, and turn around.

ronin Thanks this.
  9. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Hey Tracy like we've all said we feel your pain and anger however we all make mistakes or errors just remember when you point the finger at someone theres always 3 pointing back.

ronin Thanks this.
  10. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Sure we all make mistakes but there's a limit on how bad they are. That's when skill and a little common sense comes in. You learn from mistakes and we all just hope drivers are not learning from deadly mistakes. If any driver is in that postion it's time to look for another type of work.

ronin Thanks this.
  11. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    if all drivers quit because of there mistakes believe me there'd be no drivers left on the road. Well maybe 1 that feller there was a write up about what was it 3 million accident free miles wow thats a driver i take my hat off to.

ronin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.