I drive a car. What can I do, and avoid doing, to better share the road with trucks.

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Not-A-Trucker, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    "I drive a car. What can I do, and avoid doing, to better share the road with trucks?"

Don't drive like they do in Florida.

alds and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Drive careful and safely. Always watch out for the other idiot, uh I mean driver and keep your distance

MGE Dawn and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. Jeca0408

Jeca0408 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2020
    This is a great thread! People just need to read up car rules if they drive cars and also commercial drivers read up on commercial rules, and viceversa. There’s really nothing proven against accidents but knowledge and following the rules. Everyone does things now and then but when the behavior is reckless and add it speed/anger and stupidity is when we all become dangerous. Just be safe, follow speed limits, use your signals, turn off tour high beams when others are around you, move over when merging oncoming traffic COURTESY (you don’t really have to do this BUT it shows human decency!!) wear your seatbelt, don’t drink and drive, don’t tailgate, don’t stay aside of a truck, don’t engage in road rage situations (it’s a crime) don’t run yellow/red lights. Have a safe trip!!!

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't know about different colors of lights.

Long ago in the bad old days some cities and particularly some PARTS of a given city, the lights were a liability. See predators gathering where they think you must stop.

STep back children mind the trailer tandems. Coming through.

Once in a rare while one will get up onto the catwalk and try to get my emergency line off.A bit fast J turn takes care of that. Scrapes him properly off that Catwalk back to pavement with a bounce. Then a little trailer jogging to miss his profanity howling butt by this much.

Just because I did these things did not make it legal, ok, correct or whatever. I happen to love the law, but I dislike killing people even more than that. So they get stupid once in a while. It might be a month before they are back in action.

6. Trucker Paul

Trucker Paul Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    Use ur turn signals when switching lanes or turning. Also keep ur eyes on the road and no distractions.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  7. mwp2969

mwp2969 Guest

OH MY!! OMG!! WHERE TO BEGIN??
    WELL OK, WILL JUST MENTION THE WORST!!
    3 LANE HIGHWAYS
    PLEASE USE THE LEFT LANE!!
    TRUCKS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE OR ALLOWED IN THE LEFT LANE.
    SO IF CARS ARE IN THE LEFT LANE, THIS MEANS THEY ARE NOT IN THE MIDDLE OR RIGHT LANE..PERFECT!! LIKE OTHERS HAVE MENTIONED - STAY AWAY FROM TRUCKS AND KEEP THE DISTANCE ANYTIME POSSIBLE..FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE.
    AND WHEN PASSING A TRUCK, PASS IN THE LEFT LANE.

8. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Some of us take story time very seriously.

Hold my beer and let me tell you about the time my brakes went out on a 25% downgrade. By the time I reached the bottom I passed a large pile of burning cars from other travelers who didnt make it.

9. Michael 247

Michael 247 Heavy Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Dublin Va
    Are you X1 Heavys Son ? LOL

Wasted Thyme and MGE Dawn Thank this.
  10. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    #### it, now you got me wondering LMAO

11. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20

TravR1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.