I drive for them...

Discussion in 'CR England' started by dsober1, Sep 14, 2006.

1. dsober1

dsober1 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Marydel, Delaware
    They accepted me for training after being denied by several others. Perhaps I learned what to confess and how to lie.
    My OTR training was one long stamina excercise and I was the nite rider
    while the trainer capitalized off my miles behind the curtain. Most times I had awoken during the day as we were parked @ the truck stop.

I deceided I did not want to lease and put a truck payment before my mortgage and consequently drive 1900 miles a week just to break even. I went Co Drvr, determining that 3200 miles a week paid the same, $720 wk. I paid off my training fee with lump sum payments out of pocket because I did not like being charged 18% interest. At this point I was making $800 average most weeks.
    I was really racking up log violations, I had more than my allowance and should have been suspended. Instead I kept getting load assignments.
    I learned how to cheat my logs. No over 11, over 14 or over 70's. I can drive from S.L.C. to Omaha, Ne in 8.5 hrs.
    I learned how to budget a household used to a 42K income a year to what is projected to be a 26 or 28K income. I do this on a variable paycheck $400 to $1000 a week (from the truck OTR, I DO!). To date I've made 20K plus from my hire date mid January, 2006.
    They assigned me a new manager who likes to let me sit @ truck stops
    for 2 and 3 day weekends because I am considered low priority. Every load I get is "critical" to their account. I learned to phone and politely push my recievers to accept early. Now I seem to get all the loads with fixed unalterable appointment times.
    Would I reccomend CRE? Yes. Only if you are the most determined to
    drive mammajamma...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Try to get new drivers and you'll get bonus $$4 from CRE it's how you move up in their Mormon World.I know a guy who got a "BOOK OF MORMON" and puts it on his dashboard when he's in Utah.He don't sit very long anymore! :)
    by the way he's really a Jew. Smart people they are.Out smart them at there own game. :)

InMyDreams Thanks this.
  4. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    I think I might get one of them books for utah :cheers: :smt041 and maybe a couple of other books for other areas

5. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    #### It worked for him.He learned a little mormon lingo and he gets great long loads he says.

6. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    DSOBER I am goint to be taking a huge pay cut to go into trucking also,my wife doesnt like Florida so I am thinking about Oregon ,I have talked to a CRE recruiter myself in my early days of driving school ,I have since been directed away by this forum ,and I have also been turned down by about 5 companies ,but I now have been pre hired by a smaller company here in Florida,I am goint to do some e bay selling while I go OTR to supplement the income ,I have talked to the wife about becoming actual Mormons but shes not down with that,oh well

7. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    My hat's off to your wife! Good for her!

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Dude what are you talking about??????????????????????????? Its twice that far. And I know a CRE truck aint doing it that quick.

9. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    WOW over 900 miles in 8.5 hours. So your loging how many illegal hours as legal.

10. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    On that SLC/Omaha trip it's about 50/50, except he's probably not logging the illegal ones.:toothy7:

He's gonna get caught
    Just you wait and see
    Why's everybody always pickin' on me?

11. Jimbointexas

Jimbointexas Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2007

What should I look out for, what should I be saying so I don't get turned down? I want to be a long haul trucker, but need some training somewhere. Oh yea, one other thing, I took some xanax about a month ago, and a muscle relaxer last week, is that an issue? All from the Dr.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.