I drove extra, 2 seconds to be exactly

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jassijatt, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    30 or 60 before the clock runs out? Bull Snot!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Yes, we stress because some safety departments stress bc a violation is a violation in the eyes of the audit man. If there are several, no matter how small, they can say there is history of chronic violations, A Opposing Lawyer would love that in any litigation. Sad to say, but that is what it has come to.

4. Kirbs

Kirbs Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2019
    I've gone 1 hour over a few times. Nothing happened. If they ask just explain. 2 seconds? Get the hell out of here

5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You can use PC, or you can even use yard move, but obviously this isn’t appropriate on public roads. Will they find out? The DOT, no, unless they stop you while driving to the truck stop. Your company can find out, but I doubt they check for this, and if they do, they’d probably only check a small portion of your yard moves.

As others have mentioned, you want to plan better to prevent these situations in the first place. You want to leave about 15 minutes on your 11-hr clock in case of delays. You also want to research the place you’ll be shutting down in so you won’t end up stuck in a full truck stop with 5 minutes left.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It's the smallest possible violation of the regs. Chances are the cops and your company never notice. My company requires any violation of HOS be explained by adding a remark to your ELD. I think the HOS also requires violations be noted in your ligbook/ELD. The violation is similar in nature to briefly ecceeding the posted speed limit by 2 mph. Nobody is going to reward you or give you permission to keep doing it, but it's VERY unlikely your company or the cops even notice.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    @Lysdexis didn’t you just have a similar problem?

2 seconds, oh, the humanity. :rolleyes:

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.