I got an offer from CR England

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Mklangelo, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I'd much rather french kiss a .45 then drive for England ever again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Yea,

I've done myself a favor by doing the bit of homework I have done. I'm not too impressed with CRE. I had several questions for the "recruiter" and emailed her within hours after our conversation.

No response two days later...

nuff' said on CRE...

sausage mill...

I think I'm going with Schneider. They have lots of questions (whew) but I like that, I can stand a bit of scrutiny. I just tells me they run a good outfit, at least for a rookie.

Drug test next Tuesday and fax a crapload of paperwork and I think I'm ok. It seems the biggest concern they have is verifying your periods of unemployment and of course a decent driving and criminal record, which I'm not worried about.

I had two periods of unemployment one after completing school in o6' (the dreaded job hunt) and a layoff for the last 3 months(the I.T. field sucks in Wisconsin BTW). I ran my own biz from 01' til' I started school so I'm optimistic...

4. lifesafight

lifesafight Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    East Orange, NJ
    Don't laugh but what is a DAC? I got and offer from england too. I know they are full of it but I have no choice but to start something NOW. I just need to know how long must I stay there b4 I look for a better company? Some say 1 year and others say six months. Can I start looking after two or three months? I messed up with Schnieder for reasons I wish not to disclose. I got something in the mail from CFI. I think I put in an application online. Like I said I'm already packing my stuff and I'm leaving for Dallas on September 3. They got me taking a bus for a day and a half. I never seen anything like this b4 in my life! I had no idea that people took buses for that long in the USA and in 2007. The recruter says that she did not realize that I already have a CDL and that she could let me go to Indiana instead. That is closer to New York City I think. She seemed like she was lazy to make the switch so I told her never mind. Some of these buses have two and three transfers. Some go upstate NY then to PA just to get to texas. I would take a flight but that is another issue. She was going to give me a bus route with one transfer but that was for next week and I can't leave next week. I gotta go though and I need to know how long I have to stay in order for it to look good on my record and how can I keep them from messing up my DAC or whatever. Right now I'm putting my family through too much and I need to start working like yesterday. I'm sure you all know how it is. Just wanted to vent and please excuse my spelling.

Thanks

5. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    If your married with a family,Then O.T.R. trucking may not be the best thing for you.Reefer drivers are gone for 4 to 6 weeks at a time.

6. Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Sheridan,Mi
    CRE will tell you all the lies in the world to get you there.
    I know one guy that paid cash for his schooling and when he got his cdl he had a job already,told the school he was done they said they will revoke his cdl,it took me a hour to convinced him that they are not the state,and cannot revoke his licence.
    Also,I still unfortantly drive for them,but trying to get in with other companys.
    all I can say is if you drive for them becareful,i have gotten 2 tickets becouse of their equipment and had 2 warrent's issued for my arrest becouse they dont pay them ontime.

7. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Most of the reefer outfits are crappy to work for.

8. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    What?!??! That's outrageous!!!!:biggrin_25521:

9. FireDog

FireDog Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Roscoe, IL
    I too was thinking about going to England, but after reading everything here and talking to some truckers I decided against it.
    I am now going to P.A.M. which from everything on hereseems to be the best choice.

FireDog

10. Inverted3600

Inverted3600 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Cadeville, Louisiana
    Just hung up with the recruiter and boy does this sound like a company to work for. no paid orientation. 9 wks with a trainer. and THEN you make the big bucks of .28 mile. Boy, I think I could do better as a Walmart greeter or MickeyD's flippin burgers.

Haven't heard anything good about England and don't even remember why I made the application.....just the idiot side of me coming out.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!!!! and good luck.

11. browneyes661

browneyes661 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Lancaster, CA
    Good choice to stay away from them. Unfortanely it was too late for my hubby. We never thought to look on the internet for information on CRE before he started. They made everything sound so good and we learned the hard way. After $11,000 dollars of debt and now they are saying we owe $1600 for repairs that needed to be done to the truck after he had it for 2 months!!!!! Actually was $2400 but he had $800 in his maintance. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.