I guess it's just not meant to be.....

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by trips74, May 25, 2023.

1. trips74

trips74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    chicagoland, il
    Every time I try to buy or lease it fails. Now Kenworth wants to replace the def system on the truck and even after warranty there still a good amount of out of pocket needed which we just don't have anymore. So disappointing cause it's got basically a brand new motor in it.

In 25 years this probably my fourth or fifth attempt at buying and even know I know it was a terrible plan from the beginning financially wise and business plan wise I was really hoping it would've just worked. But truck didn't want to last long enough.

So lesson learned probably just gonna stick as company driver, even though I'm really not liking this freightliner. Ideally would love to get my own truck but not sure that's ever gonna be in the cards again unless someone wants to invest in a truck and let me continue running it lol,

austinmike and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. little cat 500

little cat 500 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
  4. trips74

Nov 7, 2007
    chicagoland, il
    If only it was that easy

Soltaker Thanks this.
  5. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    One down and lots more to go!

Vampire, austinmike, Ruthless and 4 others Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    It's like all the shops don't even know how to work on the emissions trucks so they throw parts at it wasting people's hard earned cash. If somebody gave me a brand new truck from any year between the years 2008-2024 I would only keep it for as long as it took to sell and cash out.

Vampire, austinmike, jbatmick and 12 others Thank this.
  7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Owning a truck is owning a business. Not everyone is cut out for it. That’s not a slight, everyone is wired different and raised different. Now that you’ve figured out your path, you need to find the best company out there with insurance, retirement, etc.

Vampire, larry2903, austinmike and 8 others Thank this.
  8. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
  9. trips74

Nov 7, 2007
    chicagoland, il
    Yeah I completely understand the business and what it takes but pulling it off just doesn't want to seem to happen. As mentioned they can't seem to figure out how to repair these trucks and the thing was down for almost 3 months when it just started as a antifreeze leak, turned into a complete rebuild, yeah that's Kenworth for ya. Obviously it dead have a blown head gasket and dropped cylinders but how did it get there. Sure it has 600,000 on it so I'm sure n frame was needed. But why couldn't it have worked another month or 2 might of been in better money maybe but oh well
    For now decent dedicated route but I'm looking for better or maybe it's time to enter my Walmart greeter career lol

austinmike Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You've been a hard working trucker for 25 years. I'd focus on retirement; preparing for retirement.

11. No_worries

No_worries Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2015
    There's the disconnect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.