I had a construction business and have 70K to spend on a truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by AFLogistics, Oct 19, 2021.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    No

Vampire and shooter19802003 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Deleted.
    I did not notice that He's got hotshot and own mc. Maybe it should account for something

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I believe the key word here is "blow",,,someone in for a rude awakening coming from the construction trade.

D.Tibbitt and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  5. AFLogistics

AFLogistics Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2021
    Just want to say that construction is far more cut throat and a lot more is at stake and easier to loose money. Just FYI

Magoo1968 and austinmike Thank this.
  6. AFLogistics

Oct 19, 2021
    I mean they do good paint and honestly they have some trucks for sale with overhaul paperwork.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    LOL. Ok, bud.

8. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I don't have personal experience with that place and I'm not even 100% sure it's the place I think it is. But I'm pretty sure it is.
    They are professionals at putting lipstick on pigs. I'd say it is the basis of their business model. Not saying some of the trucks aren't good and solid but..
    No paperwork means no overhaul. Period. Doesn't matter the story

9. AFLogistics

Oct 19, 2021
    No thank you.

10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    As mentioned . If they don’t have the receipts , the repairs and overhauls and rebuilds DID NOT HAPPEN .

Buying a emission truck with 400k right now is asking for trouble .

there’s threads in here of people having their truck in the shop for WEEKS and weeks waiting on a $75 sensor .
    That isn’t available and won’t be available for months .

guess who is still
    Stuck making the payment on that truck and who is not generating $5k of gross revenue every week ?

and for the older truck , that’s not a $70k truck , it’s a $20k truck , unless they have receipts for a new or rebuilt engine , rebuilt trans and rebuilt drive axles.

There’s lots of threads on here and plenty on YouTube of what to look for on a used truck .

Once you narrow it down and pick one , you’re gonna need to spend money on a dyno test , a rig dig report, a ECM dump , and having a competent
    Mechanic go over the truck with a microscope , which should include pulling the valve cover to look at the camshaft .

some engines eat camshafts , and the ONLY way to check it is pull the rocker cover and look.

if you can stay out of commiefornia , I’d buy an older truck with no emissions ,

Personally , if I was getting back into trucking , I’d buy a truck with zero computers on it .
    I’d get a mechanical injected big cam
    Cummins or a 3406-B cat , with a 13 or 18 speed trans . Have everything rebuilt and put it on the road locally for a few
    Weeks to work out the bugs and then hit the road .

This website can be configured to show the auction history , so you can see what trucks sold for

https://www.auctiontime.com/listing...tOrder=547&scf=False&LiftGate=All&OAuctions=1

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/trucks/auctions/online/203214649/1998-kenworth-t800

Geronimo17, Badmon, Jed2009 and 5 others Thank this.
  11. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    Fuel savings on an emissions truck will pay for the repairs. Now that has to be the silliest thing I ever heard. Don’t bet on it buddy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.