I had a construction business and have 70K to spend on a truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by AFLogistics, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Here in 3-4 months I will sell you my truck. 2014 Volvo 670 with D13. Motor was rebuilt and will have about 1 Year left on Platinum Warranty. Have replaced just about everything in the DPF side and just cleaned the DPF filter.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    No paperwork = no rebuild

4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have paperwork. Ha Ha

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  5. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    And make sure you double check serial numbers from the place at the top of the paper work to make sure it matches that truck

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Good heavens, pal, I don't think so. Construction, what, you invest in a hammer and a ladder, an old truck, that sits, and some old Uhaul trailer? Come on, a careless truck driver can kill people, shop rates of $150/hr+, equipment and freight in the 100's of thousands of dollars, the ever present "pile up", that seems to be the norm now, sorry, construction workers are generally a tame bunch that travel from job to job and live out of hotels, can't pee in a jar, and don't have a lot of business sense. To compare a construction worker to an O/O just isn't right. I've done both and truck drivers are FAR more cut throat with a lot more to lose, or at least they used to be.

7. abyliks

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    how do you think construction gets done? I’ll give you a hint, it’s not magic.

the guy walking into the local scale house with 2 cases of beer to tell the plant manager he will work $5 an hour cheaper then anyone else if they take all x amount of his trucks first happens every day,

i love when guys come off the road of 30 whatever years thinking they have it all figured out when it comes to off road driving, none of it’s hard to pick up but they haven’t the slightest clue

Oxbow and AFLogistics Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, I figured I'd ruffle some feathers here, construction dudes and truck drivers usually don't get along, each thinking the other is an idiot. They usually don't know what each job involves, and it's the same old thing, my life is tougher than yours. I have respect for construction workers, they have a hard job, but I always felt, it was easier to listen to Pink Floyd in my slippers boogeying down the boulevard in my classic Peterbilt,, than clinging to some scaffolding in freezing rain. To each their own, pal.

9. abyliks

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I can run a shovel as well as the equipment on top of the truck, nothing like tying up a quarter million In iron to get under cut on a job, just to run into the customer in a few months to hear that after low bid got done nailing in extras, your price was cheaper, that’s great to hear, but we still didn’t get that job

a hammer and ladder make you a carpenter (which there’s nothing wrong with) but no where near a construction company

10. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    You're joking, right? It takes a little more than hammers and U-Haul trailers to build bridges, sky scrapers and roads.

Oxbow and AFLogistics Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.