I had my all time best Tues.. 2 inspections the same state...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Dec 11, 2021.

1. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    What’s a tryhard?

Pamela1990 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I think it’s someone who drives an actual semi. Not the guys who act like “truckers” driving pickups around.

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Guys that come to the hotshot subforum to cry about hotshot drivers..

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    The guy who wanted to inspect me in NM on Wed was the same guy who inspected me like 3 months earlier.. I still had the inspection in my folder on the truck.. lol He was at least cool though because when he inspected me is when I had 1st broke my DIY rear fenders I posted pictures of so I had put a board across the frame and screwed a mud flap to it. The same way the guys do to the new trucks when they drive them from the factories.

I told him I was a bit worried I'd get failed over that but he was like.. Well, the mud flap is there.. So at least he was a better one.

6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I'm planning to put some of the gasket-style led tail lights as they use on the back of semi-trailers. I think the gasket will let it absorb the shock from the bumps. I have to build my own housing though.

I don't think the LED lights would solve my problem in my current stock housings because its breaking the bulb out of the plastic part of the light. (the part that sticks into the connector on the truck)

7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Most of us "fake" truckers down here in this sub forum have our own authority, own our own equipment, and run our own companies. We aren't company drivers down here getting told where and what to pick up...

kuzima93, Shadow57, clausland and 2 others Thank this.
  8. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    This kind of thing does piss me off. Pick one, FFS...

Otherwise, my truck looks like a POS, but good luck finding anything wrong with it. Just because a truck looks bad doesn't mean it is bad.

Lastly, where your tail lights mount - could you bush them, or maybe suspend them against a soft spring or something? Buy longer bolts, enough springs for each bolt. Then snug them into the spring, and lock nut the back? Not sure what the back of your truck looks like.

Lite bug and crocky Thank this.
  9. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019
    I think he meant die hard

yippeecayay mf’er

Lite bug and crocky Thank this.
  10. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019
    this is hilarious. The most basic “muh truck is bigger den yurs”

crocky Thanks this.
  11. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    It's just a normal 5500 cab & chassis with the tail lights mounted to the frame rails but for whatever reason, it's busting the bulbs inside the housing. What is strange is it's busting the build on the passenger side a lot more often than the driver's side even though they are both the same..

Lite bug and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.