I had my all time best Tues.. 2 inspections the same state...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Dec 11, 2021.

1. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Tell you what I'd do to start is hit the parts house for some soft rubber bushings/motor mounts/shock bushings/etc. Then get some longer bolts. Where the lights mount to a flange, I'm sure, put a rubber bushing on both sides of the flange just like how you'd do motor mounts on a generator. Or look at how your shocks mount, where there's rubber on both sides of the shock tower. You'd probably get out of there for less than ten bucks, and it might work.

rccarlson22, Lite bug and crocky Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Oh, you already have a plan. I think I posted my original post without reading the last page or something. Anyways, good luck with it.

rccarlson22, crocky and Lite bug Thank this.
  4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    These are LED bulbs breaking ??

and you might could add an extra light on each side so maybe at least one would be working , which is all that’s required .

or add some soft foam bushings or use some lights with the rubber mount like motorcycles use .

you don’t know why the the DOT is after the hotshots with a microscope ?

after all the recent fatal accidents caused by hotshots ?

most of whom not only didn’t have a CDL, they didn’t have a license at all , or had a suspended license etc

the hotshot in New England that ran over all the motorcycles was DUI

the one with the big boat in the southwest didn’t have a drivers license at all, no insurance , no tag etc etc .

A surprising number of hotshot drivers think they don’t have to comply with any rules for commercial vehicles.
    and until that changes the DOT will have them under the microscope .

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Hotshots have always been under a microscope. If they stay within their state or surrounding states not so much in my experience. One DOT inspection in 4 years staying local, before that a lot.

rccarlson22 and clausland Thank this.
  6. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Winner, I see it all the time, Dodge or Chevy diesel pickup pulling a goose "for hire", yet they file their DOT# and claim to be a "private carrier", post decals "not for hire", horse ####. No name & # displayed, no commercial insurance, no CDL, no med card, no op auth, no permits, no nothing, yet they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah, I've driven "big rigs" since '79, LOL, but now I just run a little C70, and soon an IH 7100, under my own numbers. I get pulled in for inspection too, just the way it is, but I can see why "our" group gets targeted more, just saying...

20210922_105455.jpg

7. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019

that rig is friggin awesome!!

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    You know the last time I was inspected, I saw exactly why they target pickup trucks and trailers.

So I'm sitting along the road talking to the cop, and I see a Ford F550 towing a trailer loaded with lawn equipment. A landscaper from the area. He had about an 18 foot deck over trailer, no sides. NOTHING was tied down, and his safety chains were not hooked up.

Another cop was there and stopped him. Meanwhile, the cop I was talking to just shrugged and declared "Someone's gonna have a bad day". He said they saw him the day before doing just the same but everyone was busy.

I drove by the same place a few hours later and he and the cop were still there.

kuzima93, Rugerfan, Pamela1990 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    A lawn company is not a hotshot truck....

10. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Yeah I get that, but I know around here if you have a bigger pickup truck (3/4 ton and up) and are towing a trailer, odds are you're getting inspected.

11. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    It's commercial. I dropped some stuff in Colorado, and the guy owned a lawn care company. He said they had to have DOT numbers and everything, and he got hassled by the po po all the time.

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.