i have abandoned my truck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dhand23, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And if not that... the smarter person.

RedRover Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Man i'm glad i didn't go with CR England back in my early 20s. I was going to run with them and packed my bags and greyhounded it all the way from philly area out to Indiana i believe. I was there 2 days and the day of signing the contract i left back home. Reason being was there was other drivers there saying you won't make over $300 a week. I was like f that i can make that at mcdonalds and be home every night lol Not that i would ever work at mcds. Well that was in my early 20s after that experience i got into other work but now i'm ready after much better research i've done and I'm more wiser to the game.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Truck and/or load abandonment is a serious sin in the trucking business. Forget about hireright/DAC, your problem will be that 10 year (or less if you don't have 10 years) driving history you MUST provide to any new company. Your going to have to be honest about the reasons you left and remember some companies will check. You never drop a load even in a company terminal/drop yard and quit until you actually see that load picked up. You never ever leave a tractor ANYWHERE ANYPLACE after you quit until said tractor has been inspected and accepted. I know it sucks but you should have just took that tractor wherever the company wanted it took. Honestly at this point what frustrates me the most is you did not plan your quitting better. CR England does and will place this on your DAC. This abandonment will be on your DAC and there it will remain for a good while. I do recommend you hire an attorney at this point if you feel that CR England hoodooed you. Trying to get this off DAC is impossible otherwise. All is not lost, but you will have to pay your dues by working for outlaw express for 10 or 15 years. I currently know of no driver with an abandonment on their DAC that got a good job much before this time passed.

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    i can understand your anguish but the question now is if there is a next company and it doesn't work out what will you do ?

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Abandoning a CRE truck should be a plus on an application shouldn't it? Bonus if you left it in Jersey. :cool:

RedRover, BigGrumpy, bzinger and 12 others Thank this.
  7. Old school 362

Old school 362 Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Pensacola Fl
    Just hard to believe your truck was broke down for 12 days. Think u just sat at home. And they picked the truck up. Being you took your time off. .. We all get mad at times. Bottom line we have to support our family..... So we can't afford crazy stuff on our Dac reports.

8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    This is going to be one of those Carolina Cargo threads again, isn't it?
    Be sure to travel light.

9. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana

10. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Every time I read "I did my research but....." I just shake my head!

Why, why, why???

You are not special enough to fix a broken company. Know this. They don't care about their employees and they train them just faster than they quit.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You're hirable; just have to submit lots of applications.
    Try Florida Beauty Express; they bend the rules. You can make real good money there, but it's rough. Probably "take home" a thousand a week.
    Keep us posted and we'll find something. Look at Craigslist also.

JReding, Chewy352, FLYMIKEXL and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.