I have narrowed it down to a step deck but have a few questions

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Dadetrucking305, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Not a great pic because the truck is dirty and it’s from a distance.But I’ll get some more once it’s clean and box is installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Does the back axle slide…?

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  4. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    Hey On-Time
    This is Swamp in case you forgot, lol..

Congrats on the fine looking setup partner.! :thumbup:

In regards to your dump valve, mine was wired up to a separate 4 way round, but I had to figure which pin it was wired to also. So this might be a goofy way of doing it, but it worked for me..

Build up air pressure with red knob pushed in, & shut off truck so its quiet..

The ground pin on the 4 way looked different than the other 3, so that was easy. Maybe the ground on the 2nd 7way is the same.?

I took 2 short lengths of wire, & a little 9volt battery from my kitchen drawer. Wrap one wire on the 9 volt +, one on the -.. Put the - on the 7 way ground, and start testing the remaining 6 prongs with the +. You'll here it dump/hissing when you find the right one..

I was surprised, but it had enough power to actually work..

5. Dadetrucking305

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    No,it’s fixed.

6. Dadetrucking305

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Of course I haven’t forgot bro lol.Thanks!
    If it works it ain’t goofy in my book.I’m going to try it out and hopefully I get the same results.I appreciate it.

7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Genius with the little battery. I pulled a battery out of one of my vehicles and lugged it to the truck to figure it out.

OP, does the trailer have a second 7-way? And does the truck? Look inside the connections if it does. The center pin will be a rounded tip prong, or two thin round prongs that's hollow in the middle. If it's the second style, you'll need the yellow ISO pigtail. The regular green pigtail won't plug into it, just FYI.

cke and Dadetrucking305 Thank this.
  8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    The trailer or the wife?

cke, Cat sdp and Dadetrucking305 Thank this.
  9. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Point of curiosity, any good reason to not change the yellow style over to a standard green plug end on the trailer?

I ask because i have a tractor with a double 4 pin to 7 pin green carrying abs, and the aux switch for trailer is running on blue in the main pigtail, whereas the trailer is set for abs blue on the main pigtail, and a yellow female end to carry the dump valve.

Kinda annoying, but ive got to change one or the other, which do you suggest?

God prefers Diesels and cke Thank this.
  10. Dadetrucking305

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Lol.My wife is definitely a keeper.

God prefers Diesels, cke and Kyle G. Thank this.
  11. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    Not sure any of this had been posted.

I used to carry 10-24' chains. I cut 4 of them down. 4-10', 4-4' and 8-5'. I still need to cut two more down as to 12'. Since doing this, I have only used the longer chains 2-3 times in about 3 years and only because I needed a couple more 10' pieces. Much easier to drag around.

Also on ramps. I always carried 2 sets when I had my step. A 3rd set would've come in handy for a few loads and was actually required for some loads I never did, but paid very well.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    blacklabel, Dadetrucking305 and cke Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.