I have never worked for Averitt but this is my opinion

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Wooly Rhino, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Early in my career, before I really knew how to back up a truck, I was pulling into a dock and my trailer some how struck an Averitt trailer next to me. Funny how those trailers 10 years ago use to go anywhere they wanted to. Anyway, I hit their trailer on the front corner. Scratched it all up. The receiver called Averitt and they sent a guy out to look their trailer over. He told me not to worry about it as it was only superficial damage. No report was made to his company or mine.

It is my belief that any company that shows such a caring attitude for a new driver from a different company must be a good company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    My brother drives for them and he says to him the biggest difference between Averitt and other carriers is that they try hard to make it as comfortable as possible for the truck load guys. As far as pay and miles,I have no idea

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. jdr1989

jdr1989 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    They keep the driver comfortable alright but that's because your sitting in there driver lounges more than your running and making money

Puppage and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. bamamac

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    How do you know this?

6. jdr1989

Apr 13, 2013
    I've worked for them before I stayed there 6 months then left because I couldn't live off 600 dollar a week checks

TROOPER to TRUCKER and tow614 Thank this.
  7. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I have no problems making good checks but I have always been on a dedicated account

8. bamamac

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    From what I have heard is that if your spouse is not employed and your the only income , unless a trainer TL is not the place to be

9. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I was only able to stay there a couple if months. Low miles and incompetent management forced my departure.
    I live near their headquarters and was disappointed by this result.

That being said i would recommend them as a good trainer company for newbies due to the quality of the equipment. Once you get experience move on quickly.

lfzebra, needmoney and icsheeple Thank this.
  10. jdr1989

Apr 13, 2013
    Yep that's how it was they would always send me to there yard in Atlanta and by the way they didn't want us calling it there terminal because averitt said and I quote "terminal just makes it sound to depressing". But I'd hang out at the quiktripfor probably 3 days until they got me use to sleeping through the night then they'd get me a load that picks up at midnight and has to deliver at like 10 in the morning somewhere in new jersey and after that guess what back to atlanta. But most of the dispatchers at the time I was there was all around there 20's and fresh out of college.

tow614 Thanks this.
  11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Brings back memories...
    All of them bad

whoopNride Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.