I have some questions about New Penn, help if you can

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by speed12, Oct 19, 2012.

1. speed12

speed12 Light Load Member

May 8, 2012
    scranton,pa
    1) What kind of per- diem do they offer?, Probably only for the linehaul drivers.

2) How many shifting gears do the trucks have?

3) Are they all standard shifting trucks?

4) Do the drivers drive doubles & triples?

5) Do the drivers do much dock work?

6) What kind of vacation time is offered?

7) How good is the retirement plan?

8) How much are the dues you pay being in the union?

9) How far away from your homecenter will you drive?

10) Does your home terminal allow you to transfer from them to another terminal if you want to move?

I thank you all that do want to assist with these questions, and good luck driving for New Penn

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I havent seen anyone from New Penn on here... I do work for YRC however so Im sure they are somewhat similar

1) not sure what you mean by that

2) I believe anywhere from 6, 9, or 10, we have 3 ten spds, 3 9 spds, and the rest are 6 spds

3) As of now I believe so, only two LTL's I know of with auto is NEMF and Estes.

4) I have never seen a double with New Penn, usually see them with vans but I could be wrong, you wont be driving triples where you are

5) Not sure about dock work, but at YRC we can work the dock if theres an opening usually the jr man does it, plus thats all you do for the 8 hours

6) probly 2 weeks first year, then up to 4-5

7) New Penn is teamsters... Im sure its good.

8) Dues for my union I believe is either 48 or 52 a month. they take it out of my check. Its normally a 500 dollar initiation fee which they take out in small amounts (unless u choose to hand over 500)

9) the guy I know from New Penn does 50+ for p/d

10) Yes you can transfer but might lose your senority. If theres a change in operations and you transfer then you keep your senority

Like I said this is coming from a YRC driver, im sure New Penn is very very similar. Although you guys have much nice equipment

4. speed12

speed12 Light Load Member

May 8, 2012
    scranton,pa
    Ok, Tks. Just want to make sure it's best for me. I hope they want me, I told them that I have my Tanker not that you need it with them. In addition to, D & Triples, Hazmat, Fork lift certification, Passport card, Med. Card, and clean MVR. The only think I don't have is their 1 year class A requirement.

Anyway, Tks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.