I have two accidents in the last 3 years. Only 1 is at fault.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by marvelousmack, Apr 22, 2021.

1. marvelousmack

marvelousmack Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Should I focus on finding another job thats not in trucking until these are off my record.? Are these going to make it impossible to find a job? No tickets on my record except a overweight ticket which i paid so i don't think that should actually be problem hopefully Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    The accidents will make it hard for you. What was the circumstance with the at fault accident? This is something you are sure to be asked.
    Post where you live and what kind of trucking you want and maybe @Chinatown can point you in the right direction

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How much CDL experience do you have?

5. marvelousmack

Mar 5, 2021
    the at fault accident someone claims that i backed into a parked car. my job just told me they took care of it with the person. Im near the chicago area. i have been trying to get a hold of records that show what is on my drivers record but hire right said they have no info on me. Does it take a while for them to get info from an employer? are there other avenues i can take to get my drivers record? I talked to someone who is in a similar situation as mine with maybe even a worse record with accidents but they got hired at 2 pretty big carriers without a problem. why could this be? he said he just didn't tell them about his accidents which may be immoral but if they dont check his record thats on them. Is it hard to find a drivers past history? or did he get a job cause he has more driving experience than me? thanks

6. marvelousmack

Mar 5, 2021
    only about 3 years

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Not every company reports to Hireright (Dac). Was there any police reports on these accidents? If not your driving record may be clear. If there was any insurance claims on the accidents, then you will have to be up front about them when applying.
    I know their are a lot of 1099 employers in your area but do yourself a favor and stay away from them. Working for them is like buying your job.
    Good luck.

Doealex and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    3 yrs., you're in a good position. Put some apps in and you'll be ok.
    ~
    USA Truck might hire you and this company has a self-dispatch program.
    1. Click ---> USA Truck
      USA Truck
      If you’ve ever wanted to pick your own loads to better plan your life, you can with USA Truck!. Our Drive Your Plan self-dispatch system gives qualified company drivers the freedom to self-dispatch depending on how you want to drive and what your home time needs are.. Access USA Truck’s easy-to-use custom load board app to see all available loads in a specific market and go anywhere you ...

[​IMG]

slow.rider Thanks this.
  9. marvelousmack

Mar 5, 2021
    the one where i got hit there was definitely insurance involved and a cop. a regular city cop. the one where i was at fault I personally did not deal with cops or insurance at all. my job just said they took care of it. sorry for all the questions but when jobs look up info on you what source do they go to? is is hire right or another company?

10. marvelousmack

Mar 5, 2021
    thanks chinatown. since you know your stuff. any idea why hire right has no info on me? and do you know of another way to get more accurate driving records on myself?

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.