I havent seen the bottom of the toilet yet! Wiley Sanders Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tinman1, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mrE

mrE Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2009
    somewhere down south
    Well Ive seen it.. Wiley Sanders Truck Lines... I think they are in financial trouble and have borrowed their way out.. Driver just lost a paycheck for a week.. I left and will never go back..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tahokid

tahokid Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Panama City,FL
    I was wondering how long it would take before the no paycheck thing would happen.. I know Im seeing a few newer trucks, but if your paychecks not stable, well Im with ya.. If you mess with my Money or my Honey.. YOUR OUT!!

4. thehats00

thehats00 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Well, here to say, I'm not a company 'plant', recruiter or any other 'subversive character'. I'm a driver with no objectives other than working for a fair company with fair and safe practices. We usually hear from those who have had bad experiences and as the old adage goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, or in this case, the negative commentator gets the support of the other negative poor mouths and they all stay in good company.
    I began working for Wiley in 2006, worked for a little over a year and then was given a financially 'better opportunity'. When explaining this to my dispatcher, he was extremely supportive and said he understood that we had to go where we felt the best chances were. That opportunity wasn't all that it was cracked up to be and two years later, I found myself back in familiar territory. Without pause, I was rehired and have been here since. I've found over the past four plus years that the entire crew here is supportive and make every attempt to help when asked. I hear many drivers sit around and complain about conditions and miles, but for me personally, I have no complaints. I do my job, don't sit around and play into the bad-mouthing game and enjoy the checks.
    I just picked up last weeks stub. My gross for that week was over $1400 and take home over $1000. I've talked with other drivers that have tried to talk me into jumping ship and it always comes down to the bottom line. How do they treat you and what's your pay. Without fail, every driver that has spoken to me has 'BRAGGED' about pay that is half of what I just described receiving. If that's the best they can do... I'll stay right where I'm at.
    You guys that have had bad experiences, keep bashing the company. Keeps the competition down for me and the miles that I consistently receive. Other than that one request, I just have to say, it really makes me wonder where these guys are working today that is such a paradise? From what I've seen and discussed with others out on the road, unless you run specialized... ie: heavy haul and such, most companies are pretty comparable.
    There has never been a time... not one single time that I have been denied or even delayed in time off that I've requested. Since Wiley has two of the largest reclamation businesses in the world, there are always loads to brings drivers back home on... no matter what part of the nation you're in. Also, having those two businesses, as well as a few others, was genius in planning on the owners and executives part. These are not only businesses that have long term staying power and will only grow over time, but they provide additional economic and logistical bolstering for the truck division. Bankrupt? Going under? They may be frugal and cautious when it comes to investing in new equipment... ie: why buy a fleet of regen trucks with unproven engines until you let other less cautious companies find the bugs first... but, I've not seen where they cut corners on much at all. If I need repairs, motel rooms, or most anything else, I call, they deliver.
    So, with that, I suggest that those with problems with Wiley, or any other company for that matter, stay right where you're at. They must be doing well by you and we don't need the negativity amongst the ranks around here. If you place expectations of perfection on anything, you're bound to be disappointed.
    And, no, I won't sign my name to this in hopes of company recognition either. If I deserve recognition, they can give it to me for my performance on the job, not how well I can flap my gums...... Enjoy your day, gentlemen... and ladies!

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Starting a post out on the defensive is kind of strange when no one accused you of anything. So let's hear about that company you went to that wasn't cracked up to be? I'm sure you'll get some opposite responses.

What fits you might not fit someone else. People have the right to make their own decisions. I don't know Wiley but if I come on this forum and read 1000 negative responses and 4 good responses which way do you think I would lean? The majority usually wins.

How about starting your own thread instead of bringing back the old ones. Nobody was reading them until you refreshed them. Hence you are promoting a negative thread. :)

truckinmike1984 and thelastrebel Thank this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I see their new trucks going by,

everyday.

:biggrin_2554:

Or maybe they only bought 1 new truck, and he's on a dedicated run here ???

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  7. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    i went to orientation in 2008 the truck they give me broke down before i could get out the gate. so back to hotel, day 2 old truck is ready to go i hook up to a old trailer air leaking every where . i clean out the truck and headed home

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  8. thehats00

thehats00 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Good reflection Condo Cruiser. The only reason that I 're-opened' this thread is because I googled the company after hearing a new driver make a remark and I wanted to see for myself. When I began to read the comments, I was a little peeved by what seemed to be drivers that were given a chance, but, seem to be part of the 'entitlement' crowd. They come in on the ground floor, expect to be handed a brand new truck to wreck and given premium runs and milage. They get pissed and just as ^^orange picker put it.... they head home.... and jump on forums and bad mouth the company that was going to give them a start. Most of us in this industry 'earned' our way. Few have been favored by a family member with a low boy and turned loose to run heavy haul with no experience.... something that happened to that 'new hire' that mentioned the rap on here. I hate to see the results of what is about to happen with him hauling a thirty ton excavator..... another statistic.
    As far as the company that I jumped ship for, that was a totally different ball game. It was one of our customers and after many of their folks telling me how wonderful it was, I tried it... for two years. It was seasonal, but, it was the best money I've made in my life. I pocketed $70k in four and a half months and then had seven and a half to play. But, that was a young man's game and it #### near killed me! Plus, the second year that I went back, the admin was catching on and fine tuning so the payouts were greatly curbed. I realized then that it was going to get worse as time went along.
    And, another point that you bring up is the number of negative to positive posts on a company. I don't know a great deal about the operations of Wiley in the far past, all I can do is give my own experience of current years. I ran across one post that listed the top ten worst companies and it gave the number of complaints for each. Most of the big companies like US Express, Swift and such had complaints listed in the hundreds and then there was Wiley at 1250! I was stunned! So, I went to the site that the write sited and found that there were only nine complaints, the last from 2011 and the oldest going back to 2004. I think a lot of misinformation like that goes a long way. Most people will take for granted the validity of such information and like I said previously, you get one person poor mouthing something and the next thing you know, they have a following.
    Wiley is is an odd spot. Too large to be called a small company, yet, too small to compete with the loyalties of thousands of drivers from companies like Swift, Schneider, YRC and such... it's easy for the big companies to smear the smaller ones. So, here's the dilemma. If a company is too small, they're safe because they pose no threat. However, if they're the size of Wiley, they're on the radar and considered competition even though he's really not competing. He's just maintaining a fleet large enough to provide service for his other companies and keeping the trucks busy with other work when they're not needed for internal work. You may find it difficult to understand, just as I find it difficult to not be on the defensive when there were so many post that I considered offensive.
    From my time with the company, I've felt like an outsider. I'm not one of the local 'good ole boys', but, those good ole boys have gone out of their way to make a place for me. They have really reached out to bring me in as part of the 'family' and I've come to respect the deep rooted dynamics of the company. Wiley started out dirt poor and has built a really solid and well thought out operation that has staying power and supports thousands of families. I see him out on the yard all the time in his old blue work shirt looking the part of any one of the employees. For all those that might have expected a silver spoon and found out they were working in the transportation industry, I feel for them. I hope they found nirvana somewhere else. But, for those that are new to the industry and are willing to earn their way, all I can say is if they hire on with Wiley, be patient, pay your dues and the long term payouts are worth it... at least, they have been for me. Nothing in this life is free.....

9. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    From what I understand WSTL hauls a lot of their own products. So that keeps their trucks rolling. Every time I see a WSTL Truck they are blowing by a lot of these shinny new trucks being driven by these .26CPM drivers. There are not a lot of bells and whistles with WSTL from what I hear just pretty decent miles and pay, and trucks that go over55mph. that way you can get miles and make decent money.

10. Oil Jockey

Oil Jockey Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Indiana
    The only WSTL trucks we see up here are pneumatics pulled by KW's.... and they are older than God Himself.

11. wambam

wambam Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    My brothers been doing this hes an o/o through swift hes driven 250, 000 miles this past year at 1.50 a mile so do the math plus he pays someone 1000 a week to drive with him ....the money is out there you just have to not be lazy and get it and stop complaining if its that bad find something else ....im going through swift academy after my 9 weeks im working with my brother 3 weeks on 1 week off 1000 a week

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.