I heard a rumor, that California will admit trucks without DPF

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Verdel, May 14, 2018.

1. Verdel

Verdel Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    I heard that California, no longer will restrict trucks 2007 and older without DPF. Does anybody heard something or is just a rumor?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I doubt it's true.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Technically they are forbidden from stopping anyone from entering the state to access markets.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  5. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    I seem to remember one of the cali folks on TTR saying they were considering banning anything pre-DEF. So all those folks that retrofitted a DPF on their older truck only bought themselves some time before having to buy a new truck or move out of state. IIRC
    I do know one thing for certain about California... when I went out there I didn't see a #### thing that made me want to stay or even come back.

6. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    They let me in every week!

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  7. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    In actuality, you let yourself in and out, while all they can do is watch.

stwik, Bakerman and taodnt Thank this.
  8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    False rumor. We here rumors all the time since all this stuff started. All those rumors, and I mean ALL of them have been false.
    The one circulating right now is, that they might grandfather in O/O’s who complied and did there retrofits, long as they keep them on(Will see).You won’t be able to register your commercial vehicle here in Cali without compliance, that as a fact is gonna happen.
    Once that is in effect, then if your in the system that you have been in compliance, then you will get grandfathered in. They don’t individuals going and getting retrofitted and buying trucks that are in compliance already. That’s is what they are trying to avoid. That is the rumor going on now.

9. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Ya,But I'm sure "CommieFornia",will Find A Way to "Get Into Your Pocket".They're Good At That

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah I know.

But the sad thing is we have this thing called the constitution and it says that all markets are accessible to all citizens, which is what California agreed to.

Not trying to make this political but we are being dictated by one state how we are supposed to get access to their markets and no one seems to care.

11. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Someone ought to show our leader this site, he is good at motivating people to deal with the problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.